UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if anyone wants sculpted heads for their turtles:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=lego+ninja+turtles&_sop=15

This seller has a set of all four lego turtles plus Splinter (who we’ll probably need too since he’ll look odd with a cylinder head) and a worthless Shredder that usually sell for $5-$7 with free shipping.

I just got mine today. The paints absolute sh*t but I was gonna have to color match to the minimate bodies anyway so that’s okay, but if you want an easy kitbash it’s not worth it. (although for just turtle heads and a splinter it’s WAAAAY cheaper then buying lego sets for just the well painted parts)

Here’s how they look on minimates:

tmntminisized_zpsab368753.jpg

(various sizes used since I have no clue how much bulk the shells add)

This gave us an idea back in May.

I stopped doing definitive lists a LOOOOONG time ago. Talk to Lurch. ;)

I'd be happy to but it's Halloween week so I'm pto (religious holiday ;-) , as in I religiously take a holiday this week)

3 kmarts near me, 1 put out figures yesterday (snagged a mutagen Mike, first pack I opened), 1 supposed to put out figs Fri, other one hasn't gotten them yet

So if anyone wants sculpted heads for their turtles:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=lego+ninja+turtles&_sop=15

This seller has a set of all four lego turtles plus Splinter (who well probably need too since hell look odd with a cylinder head) and a worthless Shredder that usually sell for $5-$7 with free shipping.

I just got mine today. The paints absolute sh*t but I was gonna have to color match to the minimate bodies anyway so thats okay, but if you want an easy kitbash its not worth it. (although for just turtle heads and a splinter its WAAAAY cheaper then buying lego sets for just the well painted parts)

Heres how they look on minimates:

tmntminisized_zpsab368753.jpg

(various sizes used since I have no clue how much bulk the shells add)

This gave us an idea back in May.

Yeah I remember that. I have some megablok TMNT and one offish lego Mikey. I've stuck the heads on mates and they look okish size wise. Well the lego one does. Just wondered if anyone had offish lego heads and tried it :)

did you find that one in the UK?, I ask only because I noticed that the blind bags are CE'd

I just stole the picture from ebay ,nought to do with me ......seems so light of any pictures here.... of...er anything .

Beware the CE mark BTW ....you're hoping it's the EU certification (?) .....a very similar CE mark means 'made in China' yes.gif

Just found them here in Illinois.

>Where in IL did you find them?

Yeah, the only K-Mart I knew of was in Lombard on Roosevelt, but that closed awhile ago. sad.png

Theres a K-mart in Oakton(near Niles,IL), theres one by addison b4 Kimball(Chicago), and one one Elston and Foster(Chicago)

3 of 4 kmarts in my area have closed in the last few years. Luckily the last one is 2 minutes from me, so far no luck though. Dying for these to show up! I just got the revoltech Donatello and it is amazing but looking forward to these so much more.

Edited by gambitron

So...question for the people with knowledge or turtles. I thought I remembered Donatello having the crazy blade on his bo in one of the con pictures. My staff is definitely just a staff, unless they went all out and there's a secret button. Am I missing something or is that not in this wave?

BHM, that's my mutagen mike pic!

Found them today in middle TN. Managed to get Mikey, Don, and muta mike. I now have an extra Mikey, though, due to misjudging. These turtles are really awesome. I love the manhole covers, colors, and nothing is missing from my packs that I notice.

Josh, not sure what part of Mid TN you're in, but at least 2 kmart stores here in Nashville have them (donelson & murfreesboro rd).

I got lucky at the K-Mart up the street and they had the strip fully stocked with all 12 figures. I left the 2 Donnies and 2 Leos and Shredder (I have a specialty case on preorder) but grabbed what I'm pretty sure were the 2 Raphs, 2 Mikeys, the 2 different Foot figures and the Krang. Here is my "feel" guide if you're interested. Keep in mind this is in no way a definitive guide, just what I "felt" and figured out knowing basic Minimate anatomy and the look of the Turtles.

K-Mart Blind Bag "Feel Guide"

Mikey - feel the body of the figure for the nunchucks on his back. You should feel the 2 bumps where they are sheathed and a space inbetween them.

Raph - has no discernible bumps and is the only Turtle that you can't feel anything on his back

Leo - feel for the square scabbard on his back. Its pretty big and noticeable when you feel for it.

Donnie - feel for the single bo staff sheath on his back, in the center at an angle. Also feel for his bo staff by itself, very thin round rod

Shredder - feel for the smaller square body and THEN the pointed shoulder pads which are pretty easy to feel if you know Minimate anatomy. You can also confirm by feeling for his helmet which is NOT on his head

Krang - the only square body with no add on parts. You can feel for his "Krang Brain" as well

Footbot - feel for the longer arms and the pointed drill hand piece. Has a square body.

Foot Soldier - feel for the sword sheath on his back which is smaller than Leo's but the same basic shape. Also a square body

Unfortunately there is no way to tell the difference between Mutagen Mikey and regular Mikey but you have a 50/50 shot if you find the right figure. I bought the 2 they had and got lucky when the first one I opened was the Mutagen variant. I'll be keeping one Raph for a custom (to show up later this weekend) and returning 1 Raph and 1 Mikey as I got lucky and opened the figures I wanted after feeling them all up for 30 minutes in the store.

I'll post some pictures here shortly if I can get my camera to cooperate.

Here are some quick and dirty photos of the figures I picked up today.

The Krang is a VERY cool figure. Clear body with silver and pink tampos give it a really cool alien robot look. And while the Krang itself is just a Minimate head with the legs sculpted on, it looks great. The bottom of the head has been filled in so no popping this onto a body without drilling out a neck hole unfortunately.

TMNTKrangfront_zps43244f0b.jpg

TMNTKrangback_zps4c74c15a.jpg

The Footbot is WICKED cool. The second set of arms are held on by a waist piece with the shoulder joints on the back. This gives it a creepy spider robot feel especially with the big robot arm weapons mounted on it. AND you can easily remove the robot parts and have a simple Footsoldier. The big scythe/sword arm suffered from some blind bag warping but nothing a little soak in some hot water can't fix. I was skeptical about this figure initially but now that I have it in hand I can say it has won me over.

TMNTFootbotfront_zps11338800.jpg

TMNTFootbotback_zpsc114fc18.jpg

The regular Foot Soldier is a bit of a letdown after opening the Footbot first, but that's only by comparison. On its own the Foot Soldier is a great army builder and looks very cool. The scabbard backpack is a great piece and has a peg to hold the axe looking weapon and the knife on the back of the belt is a great touch. Definitely going to be looking to get a few more of these.

TMNTFootsoldierfront_zpsdf87ad43.jpg

TMNTFootsoldierback_zps66fe76df.jpg

The variant for the K-Mart blind bags is Mutagen Mikey. He's just the regular Mikey figure done in clear green with an orange bandana. Nothing too special especially compared to the SDCC clear orange Mikey but a neat looking figure.

TMNTClearTurtles_zps6745f425.jpg

And here's a shot of all the figures I picked up at K-Mart today. So far the Krang and the Footbot are my favorites. Can't wait to get the rest of the series.

TMNTK-Martgrabs_zps73c2fdf5.jpg

Oh and I didn't take individual pictures of Raph because he was being turned into this...

The classic trenchcoat disguise Raphael.

TMNTTrenchcoatRaph1_zps84643de4.jpg

TMNTTrenchcoatRaph2_zps14abf2b2.jpg

TMNTTrenchcoatRaph3_zpsdd3e102b.jpg

Basically I took a blind bag Raphael, and a Trenchcoat Thing and bashed them together to create this. As soon as the TMNT 'mates were announced and preorders opened up I snagged a Trenchcoat Thing on ebay and have been sitting on it waiting for the TMNT figures to arrive. I took the lower arms of Thing and cut off the hands (as they are sculpted on), drilled out a hole for the Raph hand peg to fit through and put them together. Then I took the coat, cut out the Thing "skin" from the neck area and sanded it down. Finally I cut off the Thing face from the hat and cut off the head peg as the Raph head doesn't have a hole on the top. A little superglue to glue the hat and glasses onto the face and some touch up paint and I have this beauty in my collection.

Edited by Mysterious Stranger