UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found a strip tonight @ Kmart in Missouri. They were hanging on a strip on an end-cap with all of the other TMNT merch for $4.99 (ouch). I'm not sure if there actually is 18 as Zach suggested because I only found 12 which also seems plausible considering that counter-dumps are generally 12. It is entirely possible that someone had purchased 6 before me or they simply weren't stocked as the strip itself only had 12 tabs. They seemed untouched to me though. Based on what I saw, it appeared to be: 2xLeo, 2xRaph, 2xMikey, 1xDon, 1xKraang, 1xShredder, 1xFoot Soldier, 1xFootbot, and 1xMutagen, but don't quote me on that. They aren't too difficult to differentiate by the "feel-method" if you know what you're looking for. I bought what I determined was a full set of 9, but have only opened 5. I was contemplating returning the 4 unopened turtles since they will be showing up later, until I noticed something... odd. I was thrilled to see a translucent green Mutagen in the first pack I opened! However upon closer inspection I realized that it was not Raphael as the packaging states, but rather a Mutagen Michelangelo! Now I'm really confused. Perhaps I got some weird factory error? I'm tempted to open the others and go back and purchase the other 3 packs just to see what I get. Anyways, they're out there and they're pretty sweet. My apologies for lack of pictures, but I don't have a camera handy.

That "Visit MINIMATES.COM" text is bugging me and only because that site is rarely updated.

I know Zach's a busy guy but I think that site is gonna have to take priority over ArtAsylum.com if this brand is going to take off. Just being brutally honest but we've had more Minimates releases in the month of October than any other month this year, as I recall, and Minimates.com hasn't been updated since September. Two X-Men assortments, Plants vs. Zombies, the Aliens army dump, Godzilla, Guardians of the Galaxy, TMNT, The Walking Dead, Sin City, "Best of" Mavel 3, and Clerks all released before Halloween and there's not a mention on that site.

If that packaging text is going to be so prominent, Minimates.com will need more love.

I am not sure my local Kmart will get the blind bagged turtles as it no longer appears in the list of stores at Kmart.com.<br />It isn't closing until sometime after January 1st from what I have read.<br />I am now not sure I will be able to get the Turtle Mates from Kmart and I only wish my local Sears would carry them since Sears is owned by Kmart. I think it is funny how Sears was purchased by Kmart and the Kmart is the store that is closing.

It's great to see that these are 'out there' finally .

I have to admit however that, for the first time ever, I feel totally lost regards how I'm going to collect these unsure.png

I'm glad i'm not the only one who thought this...I really dont even know. Do I try the approach of buy from every retailer in bulk, to ensure I get everything, spending tons of money and have tons of extras...??...I dont like that idea, but I dont know what else to do.

I ran up to my local kmart to see if they had any before they closed their doors....apparently I was too late :(

Kmart_zpse63c9b4c.jpg

It would be nice if Sears carries these in their tiny x-mas toys shelf they sometimes do, but I figure I'm going to have to wait for TRU to actually get any of these

I decided to check out my KMart and see what they had. They had a strip of 11, (only 1 missing). I decided to say screw it and try out the blind bag sucker purchase. I bought all 11 and still don't have a full set. I can confirm that cdubya was correct in the case/strip breakdown: there are one of every figure with doubles of Leo, Raph, and Mikey with only 1 Don. The Mutagen figure is actually Mikey and not the Raph that is listed on the package. The one I was missing was the Footbot. I have 3 useless Turtles if anyone wants to trade.

The UPC codes are all the same and don't offer any help to people trying to find a specific figure. The "feel" method is pretty easy to figure out which ones are the Turtles so that can narrow it down a little. From there, it's pretty obvious to find the back of the Turtle through the bag. Mikey has his nunchucks on his back, (like the SDCC Promo), so you can feel the small gap between them pretty clearly. If you have a full strip, then you can at least narrow it down to 3 packages that way. If all you are looking for is the Mutagen Mikey, then you can take your chances on opening those one at a time and if you get lucky with the first, just return the unopened ones.

One last thing, and this is kind of weak, I had missing weapons and stands in three of the packs I opened.

just bought 11 off the shelf in Mid TN. Got a full set (and a mutagen mike). Gotta say they look great, and these may actually be my favorite mates.

As stated they are pretty easy to figure out which is which (turtle wise). I now have 5 unopened and not sure what to do with them (opened a dupe raph before I realized I had him backwards).

I have a pic i'll try and post later, it's not letting me do it right now for some reason.

Sorry, it is 12 on a strip at Kmart, I remembered wrong.

And I posted earlier in this thread that Kmart would get Mutagen Mikey, not Raph. Unfortunate swap with specialty.

Minimates is never going to get updated daily, PL, but I update the guides to all the Minimates that are available on a regular basis. Although I think I still have not listed the Miramax lines, since we wanted to keep it an all-ages site, for the most part. (I'm sure that will inspire some smart comments, but I only added Walking Dead this year, because I was seeing more zombie kids at conventions than adults.)

PK13, I'm sorry and VERY surprised to hear about your missing pieces. Be sure to contact customer service.

Zach, have you received packaged samples of the TRU wave? Just trying to get an idea how far out they might be.

Also, other than the Mutagen and Kraang/April differences, are there any face tampo differences among the various releases?

Yes, I have samples. Have for a while. Not long now.

No face tampo differences that I am aware of. Series 2 may have some new faces.

Same

Zach, have you received packaged samples of the TRU wave? Just trying to get an idea how far out they might be.

Also, other than the Mutagen and Kraang/April differences, are there any face tampo differences among the various releases?

Yes, I have samples. Have for a while. Not long now.

No face tampo differences that I am aware of. Series 2 may have some new faces.

Thanks, Zach.

PK13, I'm sorry and VERY surprised to hear about your missing pieces. Be sure to contact customer service.

To be fair, it wasn't a case of all three missing everything. There was one clear stand missing, one manhole cover stand missing, and one Leo sword missing. Not a huge deal, but cautioning others so they're aware. The manhole cover stands are a really nice touch. They look great.

I forgot to mention that the keychain attachment is different than the ones used for the AFX promos from a few years ago. The promos had a metal ring that attached around the neck peg. The Turtles have a thin, (but strong), cord that connects the keychain part to the figure and is much less intrusive as far as head movement goes. It was a nice upgrade, in my opinion.

Minimates is never going to get updated daily, PL, but I update the guides to all the Minimates that are available on a regular basis. Although I think I still have not listed the Miramax lines, since we wanted to keep it an all-ages site, for the most part. (I'm sure that will inspire some smart comments, but I only added Walking Dead this year, because I was seeing more zombie kids at conventions than adults.)

First of all, never say "never."

Second, I didn't say Minimates.com needed to be updated "daily." My point (which I thought was pretty clear) was that October has been hemorraging Minimates (for all ages) and we've yet to see an update on that site.

If DST is going to push this site on packaging then it seems like they'd allocate more resources to keeping the site current. (eg; "Here's what coming out this months, kids!") Historically it's been somewhat of an afterthought.

As a consumer, when I go to a site and see that it hasn't been updated in months (which is what happened last May) it makes me question DST's commitment to the brand. Kinda like getting an invitation to a birthday party with pony rides and when you get there the party's long over and the pony's dead in the back yard.

other_beatingA_DeadHorse.gif