UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I was flipping through the latest TMNT Animated Adventures comic book and I found a huge one page ad. I just tried to upload some pics but apparently they didn't go through.

Yes, we advertised them in IDW comics, Archie Comics and Heavy Metal Magazine.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice! Working at Kmart is definitely better now that we'll have Minimates and I can use my employee discount. The only thing I'd complain about is that the kids who visit our store are complete trash and like to open blindbags and take the figures sometimes. And if these ever go on sale I won't be able to use my discount card :< But my discount card will work at Sears so hopefully they'll carry them. I don't think they have a toy section though.

Found out last week that they will not be in Sears, they will only be in KMart stores.

What? Noooo... Well at least I can get most of the ones I want from TRU.

Unless that Kraang comes with a Kraang that's not in the robot body.

Zach's been saying 2-packs for a while now. Nothing firm as far as what's in them or release dates or anything. Only for sure thing he said was the figures not in the specialty store blind bag assortment (other than the Mutagen variants) will be in the 2-packs (I think its one of the Kraang or Footbot variants) I think we're just hearing more about the 2-packs because of NYCC.

Edited by Mysterious Stranger

Hmmm... I don't remember any solid info about them (yes or no). I always remembered Zach saying something like, "There will be alternate distribution methods too." Anyway, I'm just happy that blind bags won't be the only way to get them.

Yeah, we were told wednesday that the kmart store I work out of will be closed by January. The only other stores around me are few and far between, and I'll be transferring to portland, oregon in feb. So I guess these are out for me now. :-(

To be fair, there hasn't been a lot of discussion about the 2-packs. I'm guessing that's because the line's being introduced with blind packaging and, in the interest of maximizing sell-through, it would behoove DST if we forgot 2-packs would eventually be an option.

As someone who hates blind bags and expects the 2-packs to include more accessories, I'll be patient and wait for the latter. But I'm sure there are plenty of others who want these ASAP no matter how they feel about the packaging.

Aside from having Mutagen Raphael instead of Leonardo, the specialty bags will have the same figures as the TRU 2-packs.

Kmart will have Mutagen Michelangelo, and it will have a Kraang instead of April, but I believe the Kraang will be available elsewhere in the future. So the only figure you may need to track down from there (or anywhere) will be the Mutagen figure, which is just an unpainted translucent variant.

Sorry I did not have more concrete info before now, the final locations were still being finalized at the last minute, as you can see. But they will be available in a variety of places. I believe comic shop sales were encouraging. http://www.comicshoplocator.com

Edited by DSTZach