UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm confused as to what will be where.

Will the normal Turtles, Shredder and the Foot soldier be everywhere and easy to get?

Every location will have all four TMNT, Shredder, Foot Soldier and Footbot (all the same versions, no variations).

Specialty and TRU will have April. Sears and Kmart will NOT have April, but they will have one of the Kraang we showed. We WILL make that Kraang again down the road, as well as the blue Exo-Suit Kraang, which is not in this first batch of releases.

Specialty will have Mutagen Raphael, Sears/Kmart will have Mutagen Michelangelo, and Toys R Us will have Mutagen Leonardo.

The TRU and Sears/Kmart releases will have keychain attachments, which includes a small cloth loop that goes around the neck of the Minimate. It is not a molded piece.

Does Sears even have a toy section where they will be stocked? It's been long time since I've been to Sears.

Kmarts are a dying breed around me. There used to be 4 now there is 1.

I worked at a Sears about ten years ago and no, they don't have toys in the physical store. They barely have an electronics section anymore. I have no clue where they would display these.

Sears does have a toy section. I remember being shocked to randomly find one there a few years ago. I'm not sure if it's only around Christmas or if it's there all year long though.

Does Sears even have a toy section where they will be stocked? It's been long time since I've been to Sears.

Kmarts are a dying breed around me. There used to be 4 now there is 1.

I worked at a Sears about ten years ago and no, they don't have toys in the physical store. They barely have an electronics section anymore. I have no clue where they would display these.

Sears does have a toy section. I remember being shocked to randomly find one there a few years ago. I'm not sure if it's only around Christmas or if it's there all year long though.

Every Sears is of course different, but mine would only roll out toys for the holidays and it would be a very small display in an aisle or near the seasonal section. They didn't (and still don't) carry toys year round.

I'm confused as to what will be where.

Will the normal Turtles, Shredder and the Foot soldier be everywhere and easy to get?

Every location will have all four TMNT, Shredder, Foot Soldier and Footbot (all the same versions, no variations).

Specialty and TRU will have April. Sears and Kmart will NOT have April, but they will have one of the Kraang we showed. We WILL make that Kraang again down the road, as well as the blue Exo-Suit Kraang, which is not in this first batch of releases.

Specialty will have Mutagen Raphael, Sears/Kmart will have Mutagen Michelangelo, and Toys R Us will have Mutagen Leonardo.

The TRU and Sears/Kmart releases will have keychain attachments, which includes a small cloth loop that goes around the neck of the Minimate. It is not a molded piece.

I'm almost scared to ask ....but .....

The K'mart/Sears releases have an identical selection of characters ......& packaging ? Correct ...who knows? For the record I could give a damn about the individual packets being different but I'd be quite interested in an 'outer' if somebody comes across one/some.

"buttheadsmate's Did you know dept . "....................Age of Ultron minimates are currently up for sale on US Sears.com ohmy.png What's the chances of buying TMNT 'mates by the case from them ? Little or no ?

Howzabout a specific TMNT swap/trade/buy thread ?

BHM, I don't know if I understand what you're asking, but I'll try. KMart and Sears will have the exact same thing. What THEY have will be different from what everyone else has, in three ways.

1. Two different figures - Mutagen Mikey and the Kraang instead of Mutagen Don/Raph and April.

2. Keychains, like at TRU, but the similarly blind-bagged specialty figures will not have them.

3. Different packaging from specialty and TRU, with the changed lineup on the back and "keychain" on the front.

I am still getting a case from specialty, so I'll need to unload my extras. I unfortunately can't currently afford to spend that much and just sit on the duplicates. confused.gif

I’m down for a set of turtles, an April and a Shredder (if there’s more then one per case of those two) as soon as these are out and you’re ready to part with your duplicates.

BHM, I don't know if I understand what you're asking, but I'll try. KMart and Sears will have the exact same thing. What THEY have will be different from what everyone else has, in three ways.

1. Two different figures - Mutagen Mikey and the Kraang instead of Mutagen Don/Raph and April.

2. Keychains, like at TRU, but the similarly blind-bagged specialty figures will not have them.

3. Different packaging from specialty and TRU, with the changed lineup on the back and "keychain" on the front.

I'm fairly sure I understand your answer ,thanks . For the record the question wasn't specifically asked of you personally .

I'm not from the US & whilst I realised that KMart & Sears are the same outfit I had been led to understand that they still had their own individual mastheads . My 'confusing' question was to ascertain whether there would be 'Sears' branding on some packs & 'KMart' on others .

Well, when you ask the question I think you were asking, and then say "Who knows?" I feel obligated -- nay, driven! -- to answer, because I am the only person who could possibly know.

Mutagen figures are (and will be) incorrect, but this is what the packaging looks like.

Specialty:

TMNT-MMBagPkg-Specialty1.jpg

Sears/Kmart:

TMNT-MM-SEARS-BagPkg1.jpg

Okay, Zach. Can you answer a few more questions, please?

By the pics, shouldn't TRU have different packaging too, indicating the different Mutigen character? Which is Leo, right? Not Don, as outlined in your 'three differences' explanation?

Will each case still contain a full set of a store's respective 'sets?'

Do you have a final breakdown of the case ratios? I still want to know who will be 3-per-case. ;)

Is it still true that 'insiders' will have no way to tell what is in each pack. As in no way to 'feel' what accessories are inside; no identifying 'codes' on the package; no set placement for each character in a case....

Thanks for the info, Zach!

Oh. And what is the MSRP of these?

Wait a minute, are you saying I can't grope the bags and feel for the different weapons or accessories? The only way that would work is if they were packed like the Mario knex bags where the figures are in a bag wrapped in paper within a bag. I hate those.

At least with Legos I get what I want because I stood there embarrassing myself in a store working for it.

I like it when they have numbers printed on the side. The kind that let you know which figure is which, like the kreo and mega blok packs. That way the hardcore collectors can get what they are looking for while the impulse buyer gets a nice surprise!

TRU packaging is totally different, I'll share it soon. But besides Don, the line-up is the same as specialty, except with keychains.

SRP is $5.99, although I'm not sure what Sears is charging. TRU has a different pricing structure.

I do not believe the numbers will give it away, but I am not sure. You'll probably be able to figure out what kind of figure it is through the bag, but maybe not which Turtle, or which of the more basic 'Mates (April, Foot, Kraang).

Using the Upcs from the pics I looked then up in the Sears/Kmart system at work. It gave me a "replenishment not yet active" message, so I can't tell what stores in the western region will get them and when. Although it did give me a price of $4.99 per pack.