UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah there are no more K-Marts in my area either (all closed up). The only Sears close to me is in a crappy mall. The store is a mess, but hopefully I can figure something out. I do enjoy the hunt, but I would much rather see these get a 2-pack release along with the blinds. (I'm not blaming DST for this. I know it was part of the license that it had to be this way...just saying).

Seriously even the K-Marts that are still staying open look like they're in their last days of "Everything Must Go" clearance. Those stores have absolutely no sense of organization or professional pride. Sears I'm less familiar with as a whole though.

Closing a certain number of locations doesn't mean that the other stores don't need merchandise. Buying an exclusive is no different than buying a regular assortment, as long as they are ordering the necessary amount to justify the production costs. And with the number of locations they're supplying, that's not really an issue.

Like I said, aside from the translucents, the character Sears has will eventually appear elsewhere. I don't know how packaging completists handle blind bags, but they will be the only ones who experience any real hardship.

I would much rather see these get a 2-pack release along with the blinds. (I'm not blaming DST for this. I know it was part of the license that it had to be this way...just saying).

We offered them blind bagged because retailers have been asking us to do it for years. Nothing to do with the terms of the license, except that we knew TMNT was popular enough for us to take the risk, and for new retailers to want to come on board when it was combined with a format they were familiar with.

We offered them blind bagged because retailers have been asking us to do it for years. Nothing to do with the terms of the license, except that we knew TMNT was popular enough for us to take the risk, and for new retailers to want to come on board when it was combined with a format they were familiar with.

Thanks for clarifying that, Zach. I'm not sure what quote I was working off of, but I was under the same impression as CBMM1.

And, sorry if I missed this (I went back and checked, but couldn't find anything on it), but with the characters that will "eventually appear elsewhere", will they be blind bagged as well, or are they getting the traditional 2-pack window packaging?

Huh...I was thinking it was a licensing thing this whole time. I could have sworn you mentioned something about that Zach. Oh well, it must have just been speculation from other members. Either way, I definitely agree that this license is the best for this blind-bagging. Kids love the characters, and parents love the cost of the figures. I always see families standing around feeling bags at my TRU. I just can't wait to get the official line-ups and plan my buying strategies.

It will not be out relatively quickly, but it will be most definitely be used down the road, as it is a character we would want to make more of. Make of that what you will. As long as there are future TMNT Minimates, I'm sure you'll see him again.

...But if you want him SOON, go to Sears/Kmart. Because thy are the only ones who have him at the moment, along with Mutagen Mikey.

I realize I am probably not the norm, being within commuting distance of NYC, but I have 5 Sears stores and 6 Kmarts within 25 miles of me. Vacuum sales not withstanding, they seem to be doing okay.

It will not be out relatively quickly, but it will be most definitely be used down the road, as it is a character we would want to make more of. Make of that what you will. As long as there are future TMNT Minimates, I'm sure you'll see him again.

...But if you want him SOON, go to Sears/Kmart. Because thy are the only ones who have him at the moment, along with Mutagen Mikey.

I realize I am probably not the norm, being within commuting distance of NYC, but I have 5 Sears stores and 6 Kmarts within 25 miles of me. Vacuum sales not withstanding, they seem to be doing okay.

You need to add "in some parts of the country." to the last sentence.

It can be different everywhere. A year ago I had 4 Kmarts within 30 miles of me, right now it's 2 and in a few months (or less) it'll be 1.

I miss living in Kansas City where I had access to 5 TRU stores

Does Sears even have a toy section where they will be stocked? It's been long time since I've been to Sears.

Kmarts are a dying breed around me. There used to be 4 now there is 1.

I worked at a Sears about ten years ago and no, they don't have toys in the physical store. They barely have an electronics section anymore. I have no clue where they would display these.

I worked in Sears back in the 70's, arrested many kids ripping off Star Wars figures.

I remember buying Phantom Menace figures at Sears (15 years ago!). This was before Marvel Legends, before I understood the horrors of being a collector.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the last time I've been to a Sears was like two years ago, because I needed to use a bathroom.

Does Sears even have a toy section where they will be stocked? It's been long time since I've been to Sears.

Kmarts are a dying breed around me. There used to be 4 now there is 1.

I worked at a Sears about ten years ago and no, they don't have toys in the physical store. They barely have an electronics section anymore. I have no clue where they would display these.

The sears near me has a small toys section.