UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Character art is on the back. Not as much real estate as on a two-pack.

More character art? No product example? So the uninitiated won't know what a "Minimates" is until they open it?

Not showing the product seems odd. Too bad you couldn't use "Minimates-ized" illustrations of the Turtles. Otherwise it's looking a lot like other TMNT blind bags. Just thinking of consumer confusion.

There's gotta be more real estate on the PDQ.

Sorry, I meant it is Minimates character art. Like you see on the front of any Marvel two-pack. So Minimate-ized versions of the turtles.

I know Nick has a pretty rigid style guide, so I think once you get the required cartoon art on the front, there is not much room for anything else. Do you work on TMNT stuff?

Edited by DSTZach

Oh yeah. I'm pretty familiar with Nick's TMNT guides. (And a few of their others.) There's not a lot of room for variety, especially on such a small package.

Glad that the Minimates figure will be seen on the packaging. I know I'm biased but it's too awesome to hide and distinguishes itself from the competition.

Bags will be slightly different at Sears/Kmart, and all of the figures will come with a keychain attachment. They will also have Mutagen Michelangelo, while specialty has Mutagen Raphael (they switched).

Zach, please clarify, are only the Sears/KMart figures shipping with the Keychain attachment, or all of the TMNT bagged figures regardless of retailer?

Translucent Green, with a red mask. The bagged Mutagen figures are green, TRU will have Mutagen Leonardo. Mutagen Donatello we'll have to find a home for.

We only did the orange and blue translucents as promos. Maybe we'll do a red Raph and a purple Don next year, but we'll see.

Specialty will not have keychain attachments. TRU and Sears/Kmart will.

Kmart/Sears will have one different character than TRU and Specialty.

Now when you say attachments, would these be more "Hey, this can fit on the character in a natural way and be removed easily because people actually want to play with these" attachments or Lego style "F**k you and get the bolt cutters because you're stuck with this little bastard and the hole it left in the figure" attachments?