UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually remember hot topic carrying the marvel zombies set 6 years back.

And while I was joking about the Gulp and Go, I have to wonder if a chain of gas stations would be a good place to sell Minimates. How many kids go into gas stations? Or adults, now that you can pay at the pump? I've seen toy trucks and cars for sale in some, I think, but not recently, and that's a far more universal toy purchase.

Im not sure about other members, but 711's in southern San Diego are starting to carry these Transformers blind bags. Theyve restocked them a couple of times, So who knows! Maybe TMNT mates would sell too! :D

Thankfully I'm only familiar with one of them. Though it seems like they did an update of the Transformers theme, my brain has graciously blocked out that memory completely.

And while I was joking about the Gulp and Go, I have to wonder if a chain of gas stations would be a good place to sell Minimates. How many kids go into gas stations? Or adults, now that you can pay at the pump? I've seen toy trucks and cars for sale in some, I think, but not recently, and that's a far more universal toy purchase.

Im not sure about other members, but 711's in southern San Diego are starting to carry these Transformers blind bags. Theyve restocked them a couple of times, So who knows! Maybe TMNT mates would sell too! biggrin.png

I'll pass it along. Not sure if our distributor talks to them.

Im not sure about other members, but 711's in southern San Diego are starting to carry these Transformers blind bags. Theyve restocked them a couple of times, So who knows! Maybe TMNT mates would sell too! biggrin.png

I imagine this is like Chula Vista/National City? I haven't seen anything at the 7-11's in the beach towns but it completely makes sense for South SD.

I imagine this is like Chula Vista/National City? I haven't seen anything at the 7-11's in the beach towns but it completely makes sense for South SD.

San Ysidro, right near the border :)

I would think drug stores and grocery stores would be good places to explore for blind bag minimates. McFarlane already had exclusive figures at Walgreens and Hasbro will soon. They already carry several different blind bag figs as well(Kreo, LEGO, Mega Bloks).

Also, grocery stores near me (Wegmens, ACME) have toy sections that carry small items from popular brands such as Marvel & TMNT.

Edited by fwoosheyman

I know there's no way to say for certain, but since the two translucent Turtles are giveaways instead of for sale, how much do promo items like that tend to go for after the show? I'd like to pick them up, but if they go for crazy after show prices I'll probably pass.

The rule of thumb is that during & just after the Con prices for promos are generally steep, often as much as $20+ . After a couple of weeks or so things settle down & they hover around $10 ......in time lower.

That said....there have been certain items that didn't know that they should be following that rule dry.png

The two translucent Merks were pretty easy to get at about $10 a pop last year. These I would expect to be more difficult, since the Turtles are more popular then Battle Beasts. But I wouldn't pay more then $20 for any individual ones at any time.

The two translucent Merks were pretty easy to get at about $10 a pop last year. These I would expect to be more difficult, since the Turtles are more popular then Battle Beasts. But I wouldn't pay more then $20 for any individual ones at any time.

I would also think, that given the popularity of "TMNT", there will be an abundance of these giveaways.

So far I've not had a hard time at what I would call a decent price for a freshly released exclusive.

How many turtles have you gotten...?

So far I've not had a hard time at what I would call a decent price for a freshly released exclusive.

How many turtles have you gotten...?

2 orange and 1 blue. Not buying every auction I see. I'm being picky. I don't want to pay more then a certain price. So far I have averaged about $17 each shipped.

Ha! You all have it lucky. I had to work for mine. The DST turtle was easy to get from Zach, but the Nickelodeon one was a pain in the $#%! No one knew when it was being given out or hardly even about them. Luckily I overheard Zach saying 2 @ the Nick booth. So I went over and finally got one!

GREAT Minimates though...can't wait for the full release!

The current BIN Ebay listings for the turtles give-aways seems to be helping me with what I had always believed would be a momentous decision ..........it isn't as hard as I thought .

And even worse is the Comic Wow blank. The only one available as of this post is at $100.

Got mine today. Have to say that these are pretty sweet. The lower legs and arms being fully molded rather then slip on pieces I think is a good choice too. The look of these being kind of bulky made me think that they might not be possible enough, but you can set these things up in better positions then any of the Battle Beasts figures. Really looking foward to the full series release now.

And as far as getting them.... Zach hooked me up with the blue and I had to get a little crazy with the Nickelodeon booth girls to get the orange ones. And the way people were acting trying to get them makes me think DST has a hit on there hands.