UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

Last night I dreamt I was searching for Marvel Minimates @ a store we have here in the Midwest called Shopko. There were lots of older, htf boxsets, but no 2-packs. There was another collector searching for Minimates & he passed right over the valuable boxsets. For some reason, this made me nervous as if he knew where the 2-packs were hidden or he knew something I didn't. I began to wonder around the toy section & came across unannounced TMNT sets! Each 2-pack included a Turtle & a villain or supporting character. The Turtles were different than the main releases. For instance, Raph had 6 arms(?). And there was a tiny villain that looked like Plankton from Spongebob Squarepants. The price was $11.99 for each set & I was going to pass because I thought they were too much, but on second thought, I grabbed them hoping someone on this board would want them. I snapped a couple of pics before removing them from the pegs because I was worried no one would believe what I found. Weirdest Minimate dream I have ever had.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had quite a few of those over the years. Usually I either buy something announced long before it's supposed to be released or unannounced toys fall from the sky. No joking, that's how I "find" them in my dreams. In one of them an airplane crashed and its cargo fell into my house. In another I received a mysterous package and lo and behold, every single Marvel Cosmic character was in there. Those were the days, when dreams were wild and fun.

I don't recall having any dreams specifically about Minimates but the toy dreams I've had have usually been about finding toys I never knew existed. (And sadly still don't.)

^ This

And maybe TMNT will get Minimates back into ShopKo stores! And $11.99 for a 2-pack sounds right for them. Or $7.99. I swear I cannot figure out the way they price stuff.

I once had a dream that DST announced a David Hasselhoff Through the Ages box set. I woke up before I could see what was inside, then spent an hour imagining what they would have been:

Battle-damaged Michael Knight

Mitch Buchanan with swim can and alternate Baywatch Nights sport coat and slacks

Nick Fury

America's Got Talent/German Rockstar

I then theorized a companion two pack of CJ (with tampoed 1st season chest and alternate 2nd season bulked up chest piece) and Sharon Osborne might work out nicely

I told Zach about this at the Post-C2E2 meetup. He not only didn't call the cops, he suggested a cheeseburger accessory for the set. I didn't get the reference at the time, so he directed me to... this:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/20673/

You could do a whole box set based on his different looks in the classic Hooked on a Feeling video smile.png

With gems like this it's a mystery as to why he never caught fire in the US

Edited by Zylek

Any images of that? I was unaware.

http://turtlepedia.wikia.com/wiki/The_Manhattan_Project,_Part_1

Check out that link. The Classic versions of All 4 Turtles, Casey Jones, and April O' Neil all made cameos. Also they recently sent one of their villains to that dimension so I'm sure there will be another future episode that involves these guys again.

Waiting to hear final case breakdown, I'll keep you posted.

Zach, do you have any news about it?

I know you said we will be able to buy a case and get a full set, but this is more a logistical issue than other thing. My friends and I will have to import some sets in one or two orders to distribute here. Some just want the turtles, others the turtles and shredder and a few and I want the entire line, even the translucent mikey.