UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would seriously doubt it being foot soldiers or the footbot, it just doesnt make sense, they need to push the main turtles for this line to work with kids.

im excited to get these, not sure if ill buy a full case depending on pricing but im excited to pick up a few in store and see what I can get

few questions though:

1. will the TMNT line be entirely done through blind bags, or will we see some box sets or two-packs down the line?

2. will the blind bag's affect the amount of accessories compared to other toy lines? since we wont have an accessory tray, how will they be included?

What is the deal with Kraang himself? (non-robot body)

Is that a 3rd Kraang figure or will it be included with the robot body Kraangs?

TMNT-Minimates-main.png

curious about the card as displayed above, I thought Zach said he told people at toyfair that these would be blind bagged, then why have a two pack price listed? could this be where/how we will get the kraang bodies and brain? maybe as a store exclusive?

Edited by Mattallica

i would seriously doubt it being foot soldiers or the footbot, it just doesnt make sense, they need to push the main turtles for this line to work with kids.

im excited to get these, not sure if ill buy a full case depending on pricing but im excited to pick up a few in store and see what I can get

few questions though:

1. will the TMNT line be entirely done through blind bags, or will we see some box sets or two-packs down the line?

2. will the blind bag's affect the amount of accessories compared to other toy lines? since we wont have an accessory tray, how will they be included?

Suggested retail price is $5.99 per figure.

1. We're looking into some supplementary offerings.

2. We probably won't see as many interchangeable parts, but we'll still see the requisite number of weapons. Not sure if they'll be bagged separately like in other blind bagged lines, or what.

What is the deal with Kraang himself? (non-robot body)

Is that a 3rd Kraang figure or will it be included with the robot body Kraangs?

TMNT-Minimates-main.png

curious about the card as displayed above, I thought Zach said he told people at toyfair that these would be blind bagged, then why have a two pack price listed? could this be where/how we will get the kraang bodies and brain? maybe as a store exclusive?

I didn't tell anyone at Toy Fair they would be blind bagged, I told people at the Diamond Retailer Summit they would be. I spoke exclusively to press at Toy Fair, and I try not to tell the press anything I want kept secret; but even after the retailer summit was over, I still had to reveal it myself. The sales team may have still been taking the temperature of retailers at Toy Fair, and created cards that used the traditional pricing structure as a placeholder -- half of the cards at Toy Fair do not accurately reflect how those products will ultimately be offered. EDIT: Not sure why this card at C2E2 STILL had the incorrect price, but it was probably a typo.

Kraang may very well end up with a specific retailer, we'll see.

Edited by DSTZach

Pizza accessories are a must. Just maybe a slice? It could be really cool to have some kind of manhole accessory. Like human torch's flaming four base. It totally looks like there is a massive blade on the end of Donatello's bo staff. Can someone explain this? I haven't seen the new series, but there must be some serious stuff going on.

What line is that Michelangelo from? I've never seen anything like that before.

I think the massive blade on the end of Donatello's bo staff was to make it seem more intimidating since his weapon was never really as cool as the other 3. There was a scene from one episode where somebody else almost impaled themselves with it because they didn't know it was there and accidentily hit the switch to release the blade.

I understand. Making stands less universal can be frustrating. I think I dig the blade, I'm just surprised. Maybe just pizza in the future of the line?...I'm actually decently excited about the blind bags in a way. I'm just afraid I'll only be excited the first 4-5 times I buy one. I would have preferred two-packs.