UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

I'm happy for any TMNT, however if DST has the license I'm defintely interested in some classic TMNT comic multipacks. There are some really great characters (Fugitoid, Triceratons, etc) from the Mirage comics. Also, Mirage style Turtles, Shredder, Foot and Casey are really great classic designs.

Modern IDW packs would be nice too and characters like Bebop and Rocksteady are in the IDW comic so they could be made.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True. What's the general concensus if these were b/w, though?

I would definitely prefer color but, considering the source material, I'd still jump all over a b&w set.

I would pass on b&w 'mates, I prefer a bold color palette on them

So am I alone in saying I'd love a wave or two based on the '87 cartoon? (I know it is not necesarily in the license and/or plans right now)

I know it is not 'true' to the comic source or whatever but that was what my little brother loved and the toyline he collected back in the day so I would jump at them for the nostalgia.. Same deal with the Ghostbusters minimate waves.. the GB moviemates were the real deal for me, but I loved that they made the cartoon versions too. :)

As far as the black and white question.. not only do I want color.. I'm one of those simpletons that wants the red, orange, blue and purple headbands to help my simple brain easily tell the difference between Raf and the rest. bunny.gif Yep, I'm that guy.

I'm so pumped up about this TMNT line.

I already know I'm buying EVERYTHING related to it. Praying for a Karai. Poor Karai just doesn't get much love in toys, Her 2007 figure is impossible to get and she's barely getting a Lego minifig this year.

If a comic line is possible, I'd want designs based on Ross Campbell's turtles. (even though Mateus Santolouco is my favorite IDW TMNT artist..beside Eastman, of course)

But yeah, Ross Campbell's designs are the ones my little cousins love, so I can see them wanting the figures. They have a cute, cartoony look that should please adults and kids.

1000px-TMNT_Northampton.jpg

Edited by cidman911

That... is a cool design. I've never seen that one before and I really really like it. Remind anyone else of Winnie the Pooh?

Yes! First thing my friends said when they saw Ross Campbell's Turtles.

He's currently drawing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #29-32 and did the Alopex one shot for IDW which are often still available in comic shops.

We're definitely trying to appeal to the kiddies with this line, which is why the only incarnation we have concrete plans for right now is the current, highly rated, top-toy-selling cartoon. Anything else would be secondary, NOT meant for the kiddies, and completely hypothetical at this point.

^As far as I'm concerned that should be the main focus.

Anything besides the current series would be gravy, I love the new show and all the toys for it are fantastic. Minimates will be just as good, if not better than, any other TMNT toys currently on the market.

Oh, you guys have definitely made the right choice here, going with the new stuff. I just think comics Turtles would be a great sell to the Direct Market. And if you have the license, why not? Kind of like making Invincible and Thief of Thieves box sets from Skybound.

As for black and white, I would probably pick up a box set of the four Turtles in that style, but nothing beyond that.

Minimates will be just as good, if not better than, any other TMNT toys currently on the market.

For sure. Especially the villains. Playmates' four core Turtles are very nice buy they really skimped on the villains and supporting cast with their extremely limited articulation and missing paint apps. Give me a Minimate Shredder with some nice articulation and removable armor and I'm a happy camper.

Minimates will be just as good, if not better than, any other TMNT toys currently on the market.

For sure. Especially the villains. Playmates' four core Turtles are very nice buy they really skimped on the villains and supporting cast with their extremely limited articulation and missing paint apps. Give me a Minimate Shredder with some nice articulation and removable armor and I'm a happy camper.

I agree 100% about the villains and core turtles. The villains look nice but lack any poseability, Shredder barely stands up on his own.

Edited by whywing

I agree 100% about the villains and core turtles. The villains look nice but lack any poseability, Shredder barely stands up on his own.

So you're saying they accurately recreated the same feel of the Shredder toy from the 80s then?

We're definitely trying to appeal to the kiddies with this line, which is why the only incarnation we have concrete plans for right now is the current, highly rated, top-toy-selling cartoon. Anything else would be secondary, NOT meant for the kiddies, and completely hypothetical at this point.

So DST is not restricted to the specialty market with this agreement? With luck, we'll be able to find these at mass market retailers other than TRU?

I see all this freaking merchanise for the '80's TMNT cartoon but Nickelodeon doesn't air it.

DVD's for the 87 series are like $5 bucks online but I never see them on shelves when I go to Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, etc.

It's just weird to see all this merchandise for it and not many kids get a chance to watch it or might know why they look different than the modern one. I hope it comes to Netflix soon but whatever.

As for the Eastman & Laird black & white comics, I love that NECA made some figures based on them but that's not something I'd want in Minimates or any other form.

Yeah it's a classic comic but I'd like toys based on the modern comics. The vintage/nostalgia thing gets wack and repetitive after a while.

Edited by cidman911

So am I alone in saying I'd love a wave or two based on the '87 cartoon?

Nope. That's what started my love of the Heroes in a Half Shell.

Same here. From 6 years old all the way up to the present I have always loved the original cartoon. I didn't get to see the original comics until much much latter and I am a huge fan of those as well.