UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure if TRU will have these, but maybe. I am not sure of any modern four-packs, but maybe if the classic thing happens.

These (modern 2-pack) seem like a perfect fit for TRU as they are actually relevant to kids (of all ages)*fingers crossed*. So, "not part of current license" but has there been any discussion on pursuing "classic"? These could make for some nice nostalgic box sets (ala Icon's Thundercats) for the specialty market targeting older collectors!

Edited by cdubya

These (modern 2-pack) seem like a perfect fit for TRU as they are actually relevant to kids (of all ages)*fingers crossed*.

Well, sure, it's the number one action figure line in America, and a top 4 cartoon, but that doesn't mean TRU will take it. I know they're taking our vinyl banks, but I have not seen Minimates on the list.

So, "not part of current license" but has there been any discussion on pursuing "classic"?

Who are you quoting?

Ok, King Kobra shared the list and it has 10 names on it.

So will there be five 2-packs in this set?

Who will be packed with who? Who are the variants and how limited will they be?

Why do we need two different Kraang Droids and a Kraang Foot Ninja?

Where is Splinter in this wave?

"Minimates are planned but we were not allowed to take pictures of them. Shown was Leonardo, Michelangelo, Raphael, Donatello, Kraang droid #1, Kraang droid #2, Shredder, Foot Ninja human, Foot Ninja Kraang, and April ONeil. There was also a posted of more characters coming but we were not allowed to mention the names of those characters at this time." Quoted from toy hype.

I can not wait to see a picture of these.. I keep checking back here in vain.. yes.gifconfused.gif

Zach, I know it may not be possible to say given various factors but I would love to hear a general idea of when pics will be available.. like are we talking weeks or months before a possible reveal?

These (modern 2-pack) seem like a perfect fit for TRU as they are actually relevant to kids (of all ages)*fingers crossed*.

Well, sure, it's the number one action figure line in America, and a top 4 cartoon, but that doesn't mean TRU will take it. I know they're taking our vinyl banks, but I have not seen Minimates on the list.

>So, "not part of current license" but has there been any discussion on pursuing "classic"?

Who are you quoting?

Ummm, I guess I'm "quoting" myself based on how I interpreted these replies:

So the classic '87 toon can be used for minimates too or are they forbidden?

Require permits many, money more.

I am not sure if TRU will have these, but maybe. I am not sure of any modern four-packs, but maybe if the classic thing happens.

I suppose a better question would be: Is DST (or another party) interested in expanding into classic merchandise or are they waiting to see how the modern line performs first?

Ok, King Kobra shared the list and it has 10 names on it.

So will there be five 2-packs in this set?

Who will be packed with who? Who are the variants and how limited will they be?

Why do we need two different Kraang Droids and a Kraang Foot Ninja?

Where is Splinter in this wave?

"Minimates are planned but we were not allowed to take pictures of them. Shown was Leonardo, Michelangelo, Raphael, Donatello, Kraang droid #1, Kraang droid #2, Shredder, Foot Ninja human, Foot Ninja Kraang, and April ONeil. There was also a posted of more characters coming but we were not allowed to mention the names of those characters at this time." Quoted from toy hype.

I'd assume Splinter is on the list of more characters coming. As for why we need two krang droids and a foot krang, well first off there's around 3 different krang droid looks (Human in business suit, Droid, blue Droid) For all we know, one of them could even be a battle damaged droid. and the foot krang is a completely different character/army builder all together

Cdubya, that first quote was a Star Trek reference, in response to Rocco's hilarious use of the word "forbidden." The page before that, I had stated that it was a real possibility. We're making a classically-styled bottle opener, and we have some classic MM designs on deck -- don't know that they're definite, but they are an option.

Don't know series breakdown yet, or when we'll solicit, but I'll keep people posted.