UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Godzilla minimate thread. Gojira!

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TItanosaurus is a fan favorite? (an honest question since he only appeared in one movie)

and how different is series 2 godzilla gonna look? biggrin.png

Like Elmeaux said. But I also meant that a hardcore fan is going to eventually want everybody, and they'll be happy to get an obscure character who might normally get passed over, in theory.

Godzilla 2 will be mostly paint changes I believe, reflecting his later coloration.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't think we're pursuing it. Even if we wanted to make a bank, as well, there are only the two other monsters in it, and they're very similar. As it stands, we've got a lot of monsters to make.

With the announcement of Godzilla 2,think we can see a Godzilla 2 four pack with Godzilla,Rodan,Mothra,and King Ghidorah?

We don't currently have the movie license, not sure if we're planning on pursuing it. Not even sure there's a need to do so.

Mothra is already in Set 1, and Ghidorah has been designed for Set 3 or later. I'm sure there's another Godzilla in the works, but I'm not going to comment on the likelihood of Rodan -- I set off a firestorm last time. Ask DST! http://www.artasylum.com

Not sure on release date (no samples yet), but Set 2 will be seen at SDCC.

I haven't seen any pics of Set 2 anywhere - were they at SDCC? If so - who?Who?WHO??!!

Meha-Zilla, Godzilla (repainted box set 1 version), Hedorah and Jet-Jaguar.

IMG_3245_zpsdc98a526.jpg

There are more pics at SDCC 14 pics pg 3.

Edited by Kostisfire

• 4 weeks later...
A Diamond Select Toys Release! The Classic Godzilla Minimates line continues, with new 2-inch mini-figures of Godzilla and his greatest foes! Series 2 includes tiny versions of Atomic Godzilla, Mechagodzilla, Jet Jaguar and Hedorah the Smog Monster, each featuring a variety of interchangeable parts. Mix and match to create your own kaiju hybrids! Comes packed on a full-color blister card. Designed by Art Asylum!

post-6422-0-42026700-1408544118_thumb.jp

#Ghidorahforset3

If Ghidorah is the villain monster for set 3 what might be the Godzilla variant? Personally I'm thinking it'll be a Black and White Godzilla just to avoid going Heisei this soon and to avoid making a new sculpt...

Unless they decide to go Heisei since Ghidorah appears to be the Heisei design at which point my guess will be burning Godzilla.

Zach I do have one question regarding this line. I know Toho has some copyright weird things and I was wondering if Toho's King Kong and Zilla can be included in this line. I'd like both, but King Kong especially would be sad to miss out on.

Also just saying, Final Wars would make an awesome convention box set.