UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Godzilla minimate thread. Gojira!

Rodan hasn't even been designed yet. How lucky for us. I hope the Jet Jaguar and Smog Monster fans come out in droves.

I'll put my Hand up for Smog Monster!

What I know about Godzilla you could write on the back of a postage stamp, but Smog Monster is the first Godzilla movie I ever saw on TV I would say way back in the 80's. The Only Godzilla stuff I know is that, the cartoon with Godzooky and the US remake with ferris bueller.

I still think they are cool minimates :) and that 3 headed dragon one I can see being used as a start for a few Fing Fang Foom customs.

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank for answering a key question, Zach: the line isn't finite. Very glad to hear that.

Also, the 1998 Zilla was used in 2004's "Godzilla: Final Wars" film and Toho has the rights. So perhaps a figure of that guy isn't as far off as using Daei's Gamera characters.

Meanwhile, I thought I'd share a few pictures of my "fancy kaiju vinyl" collection here, if that's okay. Thought you guys reading this thread would be the best audience.

The adult Mothra, Mothra larvae and Manda with Atragon are all new arrivals. I've been searching for that adult Mothra since 2009. So happy to have found my "grail".

image_zpsacac9758.jpg

image_zpsae2ecf6f.jpg

image_zps53cdc212.jpg

image_zps83c67ae2.jpg

They're mainly Marusan figures, with a couple Marmit and one three-headed CCP figure thrown in. I tried to get as close to the original colors of the monsters as possible but sometimes that's pretty tough. They can be pretty rare and are almost always expensive. $100 a figure is a real conservative average. In that case, I chose what I thought would be the most visually appealing. That wonky, red Kumonga, fresh, green Kamakiras or sleek, black Gigan.

Hope ya enjoy!

Edited by Mystery Man

Great collection MM. I've allays wanted a Godzilla monster collection like that, and now I might just get one (but smaller).

Yes, you should never underestimate Mystery Science Theater fans, which is why you should GET THE MST3K LICENSE!!!!!!!!!buttrock.gif

What is that, one box set? One and a two-pack? Assuming the robots are micro-figures, of course... Come up with some other product categories and pitch it to Chuck!

I always saw it as two box sets:

Set 1: Joel, Tom Servo, Dr. Forrester, Gypsy

Set 2: Mike, Crow, TV's Frank,... Torgo? I dunno. I guess it should be Pearl, but... nah.

Of course, if you do the bots as micro figures, you could indeed do it as one box set (Joel, Mike, Dr. F and Frank). Anyway, who are you trying to kid? You're not making Mystery Science Theater Minimates. The show's been off the air for ten years! But I guess it can't hurt to pitch it... sigh. When I'm crying myself to sleep after the next AskDST comes out, I'm blaming you, Oat.

(btw, Boyd made some great customs ages ago. No Crow though.)

Edited by hellpop

I always saw it as two box sets:

Set 1: Joel, Tom Servo, Dr. Forrester, Gypsy

Set 2: Mike, Crow, TV's Frank,... Torgo? I dunno. I guess it should be Pearl, but... nah.

Of course, if you do the bots as micro figures, you could indeed do it as one box set (Joel, Mike, Dr. F and Frank). Anyway, who are you trying to kid? You're not making Mystery Science Theater Minimates. The show's been off the air for ten years! But I guess it can't hurt to pitch it... sigh. When I'm crying myself to sleep after the next AskDST comes out, I'm blaming you, Oat.

(btw, Boyd made some great customs ages ago. No Crow though.)

Unless you can find some Public Domain works that MST3K did episodes on and pack in with them to riff on.

Sign me up for some MST3K Minimates. Torgo is a must.

http://youtu.be/eKNTaWElUgA

Interestingly, I have a vivid memory of opening up some of the DC Direct Minimates (the wave with Hawkman/Hawkgirl) way back in the day, while watching MST3K in the background on a Friday night. Good times.

Edited by karamazov80

Really hoping Charles Barkley and some oversized sneakers on Godzilla make it into a boxset.

Great idea. I remember the commercials growing up, but ever since I saw that panel in a Wizard feature on weird comic panels its been burned into my brain.

We may have to pull some sneakers of Marty McFly and put them on Godzilla, so he can get busy.

PFFFFF! Leave Marty out of this! There’s an easy way to make this a reality if the View Askew license cover the Clerks Animated series.

Charles Barkley was a reoccurring character in the series (he was even planned for a canceled series of Inaction Figures), I think he’s literally in half the episodes (granted there’s only 6, but he’s still there)

So make two Clerks Animated Box Sets, (split Jay/Bob and Dante/Randal between the two like it’s a Ghostbusters set to drive sales) and include Charles Barkley in one of them (Leonardo Leonard and Mr.Plug and some other third character would round out the sets), and include with Charles Barkley an extra pair of shoes to put on one of the hopefully countless Godzilla variants we’ll end with (if he’s in every set that is smile.png)

There! Charles Barkley and Sneakered Godzilla! EVERYONE WINS!

... now, how can we get a candy bar accessory and a taco (you know, for Zilla.)

• 2 weeks later...

I've started watching some Zilla stuff on Netflix, and definitely agree with guys saying we need Rodan. Rodan's awesome. Release him instead of the lame sensitive, thoughtful monster Mothra.