UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Godzilla minimate thread. Gojira!

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were there quality control issues with the Godzilla figures though? I don't remember anyone complaining about bad paint apps.

Not that I'm aware of but that could be because people can see the product through the packaging in the blister before it leaves the factory. Clear packaging just allows for another opportunity to catch production errors. Blind bags hide errors.

• 1 month later...

I feel like Godzilla would be morue popular than Mass Effect, Aliens, or Predators as blind bags.

Agreed. Zach was TRU not interested in these?
We show them everything, they take what they like. Very little we make is restricted to specialty.

And errors are either not caught at the sample stage, or not corrected at the production stage. Type of packaging plays no role in it. If they're in packaging, it's too late, and it would need to be pretty catastrophic to scrap an entire production run.

Edited by DSTZach

I don't see why black and white variants would be a problem even if they never appeared that way, I've certainly never read a walking dead comic that was in color.

Not every licensor has the same attitudes towards accuracy.

But the Set 3 designs look pretty cool...

Edited by DSTZach

I'd love a minimate of the pink and white hello kitty Darth Vader running around the internet...

That pic can always make me smile, but when it comes to Minimates Dr Doomsy would kick Hello Kitty Vader's tushy

I don't see why black and white variants would be a problem even if they never appeared that way, I've certainly never read a walking dead comic that was in color.

Countdown to bottles popping in 3... 2...

I don't care, personally, but I an EXTREMELY excited for all the fans.

C'mon official announcement. Ghidorah and Rodan. Ghidorah. And. Rodan. If that happens I'll be able to display them all happy knowing we got the top tier monsters.

Yes Anguirus would be nice. But Ghidorah and Rodan are the last ones I call absolutely necessary. Admittedly though I will buy every single set available.

Hmm I suspected Toho had a bug about this. And wait a minute DST ZACH YOU SLY DOG you, you, I see what you did there. Why I oughta, Oh my, You.

I want a megalon and king ceasar so bad, but if this might be the last set you just know its going to have rodan, ghidorah and anguirus with another godzilla variant, translucent orange from what was it, the space godzilla or destroyah movie?

Still could keep dropping sets spaced out to give them time to make money back and keep getting monsters. Plenty more to go.

Let's wait for it to actually come out before we start calling this the final set.

Ghidorah may simply be too ambitious a design to execute.

1. Agreed

2. No. No. No. No. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.No.

That would mean DST has hit the limit of their capabilities, but with amaterasu, modok, and the queen alien all getting epic mates, I just don't buy it.

Edited by arnim zola