UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Godzilla minimate thread. Gojira!

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Oh wow um... Godzilla looks really really good... Wish they'd flipped Mothra over though. Poor lil guy... It's like watching a beetle die...

Mad props for the Toho copyright logos chilling in the corner of the box. I'mma cut them out and make little coins to go with my kaiju. I've always wanted to do that but never wanted to mutilate a DVD to do it.

Edited by Trekker 42

I'd be interested in knowing why Mothra is upside down as well... I'm so excited for these! I think it looks like Godzilla is too as he appears to be chest bumping Titanosaurus!

Is there a flight stand in there?

I believe the tops of Mothra's wings are brighter than the underside. The prototype may have been shot with the wings reversed, and I can only assume that there was something in the blister layout that prevented Mothra from being displayed in the package with the tops displayed. They have it down to a science by now.

Flight stand for Mothra should be in there.

I believe the tops of Mothra's wings are brighter than the underside. The prototype may have been shot with the wings reversed, and I can only assume that there was something in the blister layout that prevented Mothra from being displayed in the package with the tops displayed. They have it down to a science by now.

Flight stand for Mothra should be in there.

Awesome! Thanks for explaining. Mothra is actually my favourite of the bunch.

Which villain? I was thinkinking of getting 2, but doesn't he have 2 ways to be displayed?

Sidney Crumb, he fought Captain Britain once, in issue #4 of the Moore stuff I believe. I've always loved that issue and I could come pretty darn close to Sidney with a Hedorah.

Here's Sid in his big moment... http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/sidney.htm (scroll down, cover pic on the right.)

Not sure about Hedorah having two looks Arnim, someone else might know better than me. Sorry.

Edited by Ronan The Accuser