UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Godzilla minimate thread. Gojira!

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mecha Godzilla was to cool to pass up for me. Hedorah was a pleasant surprise. Don't care or need Jet Jaguar. Godzilla looks weird displayed next to his fellow Godzilla. I hope we get a Rodan, and some wings for Mothra like the ones shown at NYCC...?

I've thought that, but looking closer they really don't match up much at all. What a tease!

I went back to the comics store where I bought the first set, and apparently they didn't order the second. confused.gif I'll pick it up from Luke eventually. I'd be disappointed if we don't get any more, even though I'm not a big Godzilla fan. Still want Gamera though.

• 1 month later...

For what it's worth, if the line continues I really want a more monstrous looking Godzilla. His face, arms, and legs should all be bulked up.

Third row, 2nd color photo is what I want to see.

versions_of_godzilla.jpg

Blind bags might be the way to go with this line, especially if multiple color variants of the monsters could help recoup tooling costs.

I would love translucent versions of these guys, even if there is nothing from the movies to warrant them.

Trans-black Hedorah

Trans-yellow King Ghidorah

Trans-green or blue Godzilla

etc...

Edited by youbastards

If people aren't buying them when they can see them, I'm not sure they'd buy more sight unseen.

If there were enough variations we could do with the current tooling, maybe that would be an easier call than tooling up a new assortment, butt I'm not sure what tutors of variants would get approved. Not all of these characters appeared in black and white, and I'm not sure what the deal is with sofubi-type colorations, but Ask DST!

I feel like Godzilla would be more popular than Mass Effect, Aliens, or Predators as blind bags.

Agreed. Zach was TRU not interested in these?

I don't see why black and white variants would be a problem even if they never appeared that way, I've certainly never read a walking dead comic that was in color.

And blind bag collectors have what we call the "sickness" they can't stop till they get the one they want. I certainly have it.

6-8 characters, a few b&w variants per case and a 1 per case neon/translucent/Glow in the dark variants. Endless possibilities as far as I can see. The king of the monsters has over 30 films.

I really do understand tooling and all the business side stuff but this line has so much potential I don't want to see it over after a few months of being released.