UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Godzilla minimate thread. Gojira!

Shapeways sounds like the way to go! I'll put it up there for like a dollar or something, I'm not going to rinse you dudes out of your hard earned pay just to get a decent G head.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooooookay dudes and dudettes, sorry for the delay in getting this posted, the Showa head is now

up on Shapeways! Huzzah! If any of you do pick one up, please post some pics in here of i! 

Cheers!

http://www.shapeways.com/product/C8GD7DLAV/showa-godzilla-minimate-head

Ordered mine as well. Thanks DR. I can not wait to get these in the mail, paint them up and replace those existing Godzilla heads.

Tell me, do you intend to sculpt any more monster heads? You have a real talent there I must say.

Hey, dudes! Thank you, I'm glad that you like the fugly little guy! For his skin I used Citadel Mechanious Standard Grey,

the teeth were Ushabti Brown, with a drybrush of White Scar, the gums were a mix of Doombull Brown and Ubshanti Brown.

I'll definitely sculpt more, I've got a Heisei era almost done, which would work well on the Burning Godzilla we got in the last set,

and maybe some more, if we don't get official ones. I'd love Anguirus and King Ghidorah.

For anyone who might be on the fence, or is unclear how nice the Shapeways final product would look... Here are some photos. The detail at this level is incredible WELL worth the purchase! I doubt my paint will ever look as good as Dreadnok Rocksteady's but I can't thank him enough for producing this head. I really encourage him to do more because this has made my Godzilla Minimates finally feel complete.

30625278645_8156b5ec39.jpg

30625272245_c512c5c1cf.jpg

29991578983_fde7afdaff.jpg

30625275495_e27de85419.jpg

Edited by SCW

I got 2 of the white plastic Godzilla heads from Shapeways. Can't wait to paint these things. Thanks again to Dreadnok Rocksteady for making these amazing sculpts readily available to all.

godzilla.jpg

Edited by MINI_MYTE

• 1 year later...

After seeing the Godzilla King of Monsters trailer, I miss these. I thought these were unique. I like getting figures of kaiju and beasts. Imagine if they had the current film license we would have gotten some King Kong minimates too, since they are connected now. 

Edited by RedTiger95

4 hours ago, RedTiger95 said:

After seeing the Godzilla King of Monsters trailer, I miss these. I thought these were unique. I like getting figures of kaiju and beasts. Imagine if they had the current film license we would have gotten some King Kong minimates too, since they are connected now. 

And there would be no excuse not to make a Ghidorah.

Affordable Godzilla toys that actually make the other kaiju are damn near impossible to find. And even if you find them they're usually unarticulated or barely articulated. Neca's Godzillas are nice but they just make Godzillas. I like Godzilla, but I want him to fight other kaiju.

It'd be cool if DST could get the license for Select figures and offer a diorama of a city for the kaiju to thrash each other in.

But if their Pacific Rim line is any indication, diorama pieces probably wouldn't be included.

Edited by MisterPL

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...