UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Godzilla minimate thread. Gojira!

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully DST just starts doing more deluxe figures for everything. They are way too infrequent, everyone needs to buy those alien deluxes so we can keep the deluxe train going...to Godzilla town...Japan.

So what you're saying is buy the aliens, get a destroyah boxset with all his forms? yes.gifyes.gifyes.gifyes.gifyes.gif

As much as I would've liked to see a Showa Rodan, I'm not going to be that picky. I'm thankful to just GET Rodan at all. And I've always hated when he's displayed as being so much smaller than Godzilla. There's a size comparison illo by the talented Art Adams where he's so much smaller than Godzilla. Blah, don't like it. My "preferred scale" is from the Showa films.

I adore the Mothra larva and am assuming we're only getting one (1) to a boxed set and the image shown at SDCC was just to show that she can move and isn't a static piece. And I'm not too upset about buying multiples to get two larvae (see Showa Mothra vs. Godzilla 1964), as I was planning on supporting the line with a multiple boxed set purchase anywhoo.

Happy to see Megalon to go with Gigan.

Burning Godzilla is odd as he's so outrageously Heisei and other than this sets Rodan, there haven't been any. Ah well. I really like the head sculpt.

Zach:

1) Do you know yet if this Godzilla will be the same color as the previous Godzilla's? Head swap fun for collectors to make their "perfect" version. If not, is it too late to see if that's a possibility?

2) Now that's it's been mentioned, what do you think about the deluxe figure approach to King Ghidorah?

The one bonus about Ghidorah is that they can do him three times to maximize tooling. Standard, Mecha King Ghidorah, and then Hyper Mecha King Ghidorah, which would be the robot body/necks/heads, standard wings with metal paint apps, and Heisei MechaGodzilla legs.

Hyper mecha bonus points if Hyper Mecha King Ghidorah's packaging looks like the Monster Vending Machine it came out of. Japan, man. Japan.

I'm not up on my Godzilla so my first question would be who would you pair him with? Another Godzilla variant is the obvious choice given the brand but are there enough significant such variants to justify more than one Ghidorah, especially considering it's likely to be a Deluxe SKU?

Therefore I'm not sure doing Ghidorah three different times is the answer but offering Ghidorah once with all the parts to make those variants would encourage lots of multiple purchases.

I'm not up on my Godzilla so my first question would be who would you pair him with? Another Godzilla variant is the obvious choice given the brand but are there enough significant such variants to justify more than one Ghidorah, especially considering it's likely to be a Deluxe SKU?

Therefore I'm not sure doing Ghidorah three different times is the answer but offering Ghidorah once with all the parts to make those variants would encourage lots of multiple purchases.

The once makes sense. Drives up sales, keeps the mainstream kids happy, collectors buy multiples. Everyone wins.

But they could all be sized like Showa Ghidorah, with one figure slot being used for the base figure and a second slot for his wings and necks/heads. So he's just take up two slots in a 4-pack. So, throwing around some ideas...

mslsap.jpg

Showa Ghidorah with Showa Godzilla (repaint) and Showa Rodan

Variant exclusive black and white set with bonus Mothra larva.

Heisei Mecha Ghidorah with Heisei MechaGodzilla and Garuda

Godzilla Island Hyper Mecha with Neo Hedorah (repaint) and Medical Jet Jaguar (repaint)

2d0zzeo.jpg14vcl5.jpg

The problem with Ghidorah is the tooling from what weve heard. So getting 1 in a deluxe set, or even getting a 3 pack with him instead of a four pack are cool ideas for me. But 3 different release is a lot less likely especially since they are distinctly different looks and would require more tooling which is the problem in the first place.

There will be two larvae in the set, and they do not articulate like that, they are just slightly different. One lies flat and the other tail has its peg at a raised angle, kind of like the guts piece.

My opinions about Ghidorah matter not. I want one, but I don't care what era or if it's Mecha or not. Tooling is the issue, so I'm not sure if using the tooling twice for different versions would change anything. A deluxe set would be great, but it would probably need to come with Godzilla.

Not sure about Godzilla colors, didn't realize the previous two were the same. This one might be darker?

There will be two larvae in the set, and they do not articulate like that, they are just slightly different. One lies flat and the other tail has its peg at a raised angle, kind of like the guts piece.

My opinions about Ghidorah matter not. I want one, but I don't care what era or if it's Mecha or not. Tooling is the issue, so I'm not sure if using the tooling twice for different versions would change anything. A deluxe set would be great, but it would probably need to come with Godzilla.

Not sure about Godzilla colors, didn't realize the previous two were the same. This one might be darker?

Ghidorah with non-burning Heisei Godzilla maybe?

If ghidorah has to come with godzilla maybe they could do godzilla jr or minilla. That could be cool. My rational thought is deluxes have generally been around $15, where 2 packs are $10. so Kitt, the time machine, the calico jack ships, the max vehicles, its always a $5 mate with something big that needs the raise on the price point to be justified. Now with the aliens coming its still a minimate 2 pack, but its a full on deluxe minimate 2 pack. If he came with a godzilla I think it would sell. If it came with another related character I think it would sell. If Ghidorah needs the extra $5 to be able to justify his tooling, Hes popular enough that I think it would sell.

He is the third most popular Toho Kaiju. May even be second. It's him or Mothra. Kinda sad Toho never gave Ghidorah the lead in his own movie really. So a set like that could sell a Ghidorah.

I'm hoping that because we're seeing a Heisei burning Godzilla we'll see a non-burning one.

As for which version of Ghidorah... IF we get only one, I hope it'll be a non-Mecha first.

But I sure as hell hope we get a Ghidorah... as well as swell ol' Anguirus. That'd be all the main headliners from the Showa films (other than Kong and Minya).

I'd sacrifice both my testicles if it guaranteed Anguirus and Ghidorah.

I'm hoping that because we're seeing a Heisei burning Godzilla we'll see a non-burning one.

As for which version of Ghidorah... IF we get only one, I hope it'll be a non-Mecha first.

But I sure as hell hope we get a Ghidorah... as well as swell ol' Anguirus. That'd be all the main headliners from the Showa films (other than Kong and Minya).

I'd sacrifice both my testicles if it guaranteed Anguirus and Ghidorah.

But is there a market for that? Could be.

I screamed YEEEEESSSSSSS i n the break room at work the saturday of the panel when I saw the Megalon art. Still want a lot of monsters like anguirus and king ceasar but if not I better get a LOT better at customizing.

I hope for my sake anguirus gets an official mate because if I have to sculpt his spiked shell I may literally die...