UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Godzilla minimate thread. Gojira!

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot wait to get my hands on this set so I can take some pics of a cool setup I have with Giant Man!

That... makes so much sense...

Finally found something to do with Zombie Galactus.

Don't forget the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man. He needs some love.

Ladies and gentlemen, the dream bout has arrived. Throw in the Sentinel and half the Ghostbusters crew (Washington Square Ghost, Lady Liberty, and The Architect come to mind) and you've got quite the Kaiju Throwdown.

All the tails are sculpted as part of the slip cover piece so no movement there. As for the SH monster arts stuff, the buildings and tanks are too big. I do like the monsterart stuff, their Ghidorah and Biollante are bad ass.

Speaking of which, I know art for Ghidorah was shown, which Im super excited about, and fan fave monsters Anguirus and Rodan are likely being eyed for a release. But can we get some confirmation that Megalon, King Caesar, and Biollante are getting a look too? I really didnt expect Hedorah or Jet so soon, but jet to me is pointless without Megalon. Gigan needs his tag partner.

All the tails are sculpted as part of the slip cover piece so no movement there. As for the SH monster arts stuff, the buildings and tanks are too big. I do like the monsterart stuff, their Ghidorah and Biollante are bad ass.

Speaking of which, I know art for Ghidorah was shown, which Im super excited about, and fan fave monsters Anguirus and Rodan are likely being eyed for a release. But can we get some confirmation that Megalon, King Caesar, and Biollante are getting a look too? I really didnt expect Hedorah or Jet so soon, but jet to me is pointless without Megalon. Gigan needs his tag partner.

Considering the pattern set in the first two (Godzilla, Godzilla ally, major Godzilla villain, minor Godzilla villain) I'd guess Megalon can fit in the same slot as Titanosaurus and Hedorah. Also considering the focus on Showa over Heisei so far, I think Megalon will probably make it in at some point.

I had to stop collecting Monsterarts. Somethin' had to give with Minimates, comics, vinyl Godzilla figures and bill paying. Still, I hope to pick up Mosu-Goji and Mothra soon.

As for new releases, I hope we get (in order of my greediness): Rodan, Anguirus, Ghidorah, Megalon, Minya, Kumonga, Kamakiras, Baragon, Varan and somehow Manda and then move on to Heisei/Millenium.

Personally I'd prefer to see some of the Heisei characters (Destoroyah, Battra, and Biollante in particular) before we bother with Kumonga, Kamacuras, and Varan. Especially Varan since he had like... 4 seconds of screentime in the Godzilla series. However in like the 6th or 7th box set if they're looking for an off the wall character to throw into a slot, Varan would be fantastic for that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'll get them in hand before I talk ill about any of these, but I will say if we get Titanosauros, Jet Jaguar, and the Garbage Monster, and not get Rodan...I'd feel extremely let down. And Mothra's colors were supposed to be bright!!! Sorry I got carried away!

Hedorah's sculpting looks cool, I wanted to say something positive!