UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Godzilla minimate thread. Gojira!

Any word if these are out today? They weren't on my shops weekly delivery list, Luke you got any news?

There are 2 sellers on ebay listing the first set with an estimated delivery of Dec 1st. Boo if its true. nono.gif

Edited by arnim zola

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not like that,the art makes it look like the wings attach on the back, and the arm pegs on the torso are not in the pic. So when I was looking at it before I opened it, the pegs were there and threw me off.

I'm sure I saw a con pic at some point that showed it, so I guess I forgot but the wings plug into the arm joints which the box doesn't really show. It still looks good but his wingspan and overall size is now bigger that I expected. I'll post some pics when I get home.

Edit - I no longer feel that way after looking at everything again. Sorry about that.

Edited by arnim zola

The only thing I would say is remotely disappointing about Mothra is that the wing colors on the package shot are more vivid then the figure. But man is he awesome. I had the set on the coffee table, and my wife was walking by and picked him up, which she rarely does. She said he may be her new favorite Minimate. I think he's one of the best examples of pushing the Minimate form I've ever seen.

Oh, the rest of the set is pretty nice too.

He actually seems much more like a Minimate then the rest of the set, to me at least, seeing as how he still has a Minimate head. All the others have heads that fit into a peg sculpted into the torso overlay (as opposed to fitting on a standard Minimate neck peg). Gives them more height, I guess, but really throws off the aesthetic.