UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Walking Dead: Wave 6

Pete

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is probably the first wave of Walking Dead minimates where the whole wave of them interest me.

I like Frederick, I like patrol Rick and Michonne, I like Carl, I like Flaming Zombie, for some reason I *love* the coat zombie... I don’t like pretty dress Michonne though, but maybe the fact she probably comes with a second flaming zombie (it looked like from placement the wave is Fred/coat, Rick/Carl, Michonnes/Flame but I could be wrong) so I can kitbash one of the zombies in my parts bin into a second flaming zombie.

This will be the first time since wave 2 I pre-order a wave rather than cherry pick sets.

Edited by dr baghead

I never read a single issue and didn't watch the show past season 1 but i really like civvies so i bought the first 2 waves. The rest weren't my cup of tea but this wave, this wave and 5 look spectacular. Looks like i'll have to hunt certain characters down before these hit though.

dr baghead... who's Fredrick?

Think you mean Douglas.

Whoopsies! Thank you, I know the character (former leader, son liked Andrea... I think they played it like he did too, was sort of played as if he could be shadey but was a cool dude)

My brain went straight to "Fredrick" though, I do want to say its at least similar enough to Douglas it's not a sign my brain is dying (two syllable name that's very standard and could be shortened but isn't.... Maybe it was a slip because I was thinking of Fredrick Douglass?)

Oh well, I was excited for the figure when I thought he was called Fredrick I'm more excited for him now that I know he's called Douglas

So we have Alexandria sheriff uniformed Rick and Michonne, party dress Michonne variant, Carl (bandaged and standard heads), Douglas, and two cool zombies. Since we're diving into Alexandria characters so quickly, I hope this doesn't mean that Rosita and Father Gabriel are out as possibilities in upcoming waves. I know both of them made it to Alexandria and were alive as far as I've read, so I hope they're still contenders.

I may have to get multiple Carls and scrape the shirt design off so I can have templates for Ben and Billy.

FYI, Party Michonne will have cop Michonne's hair.

Rosita and Gabriel are in the works. No Axel, sorry.

man, you are always so great about talking to us and giving us info on upcoming product. Thanks for that open communication!

No Axel is a shame since he lasted 35 issues in the comics, but maybe he'll be revisited one day if the line lasts long enough. I'll just hush and await the upcoming Carl now!

Seems like at this rate we'll be caught up to the comics before we know it. There's a lot of great current characters to make like Negan and tigers and whatnot, but I'm guessing at that point they'll have to go back and fill in holes like Jim, Axel, Allen, Billy, One-Legged Prison Dale, etc. I'm hoping this line has really long legs.