UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Where do YOU buy minimates?!

Okay. Where do you buy your minimates from? Do you get them at the local store? Do you try and catch them on sale? Do you buy them online? Where do you get yours from?

I have gotten most of mine from Target, though I did get all of the latest waves from a guy off ebay, minus the chaces. He wanted $10 for 3 2packs per wave. Fairly good deal if you ask me! I also like to preorder waves from Bills Toys and Games and Alter Ego Comics, both online. 15% off baby!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to buy them from my local comic shop. But I stopped shopping there, as the mark-ups became outrageous ($60 for one-per-case Marvel Legends figures). So now I usually get them from AFX when they are having one of their "buy this and get all of this free" sales.

I buy from several sources, AFX are pretty good pricewise but the 'random chance of chases' is hokey, I 've never had a chase minimate by chance from them.

Otherwise I buy on ebay etc... Local stores seem to be pricey

I'd totally recommend corner store comics, as they have great service... the only rason I dont use them is they are same state as me so I'd haveto pay tax :(

T.

p.s. $10 per series was great find... well done dude!

3rd party figure shops. Ebay. Comic shops. Peeps on here.

My local toypimp Toyz and Gamez is getting all the Marvel and DC stuff now so I'm (hopefully) sorted for the future.

Wherever I can find some... :(

I got many of mine for Target, but this comic shop in NY,NY, midtown comics, is where i got the whole first wave of the Street Fighters(minus the case), and i'm pretty sure i saw a Silver Surfer/Thanos there, so next time i go to the city, i gotta check it out, and bring lots of money!!!

There's only one place pretty close to me that sells minimates......but i haven't been there in a while, so I HOPE they still do.........if not, I may be taking a drive to get mine, or I'll have to move to online buying.

I live in eastren Canada and up until Marvel Wave 4 I was buying them at Walmart, even the chase. I know one of the employees there and he holds any toys I ask for before they hit the floor, nice guy huh? Anyway, thanks to him I got all the chases for the same price as the others. Not bad getting Black Spidey for $ 4.99. :)

After Walmart stopped selling them I switched to a local comic shop and have had no problem getting them all, C3 included. I seem to be the only die-hard collector around here so I've always managed to get the chase...

The last few waves I've ordered by the case from my LCS. Before that, it was Tower.com (Remember when they used to have stuff?), AFX, or eBay.

I seem to be the only die-hard collector around here so I've always managed to get the chase...

I'm totally envious. My local comic shop used to be good for them, then it got new staff, staff who keep the chases for them selves and charge ?9 (about $16) for the regular 2 packs.

I seem to be the only die-hard collector (in Eastern Canada) so I've always managed to get the chase...

Yeah, I seem to be the only one out here on the West coast but it's been difficult finding them let alone getting chase figures. Hopefully Wal-Mart will carry waves 12 and 13.

Yeah, well, me and MiniJeff seem to be the only die-hard collecters in central Canada! Yeah, like Fujis said, it's hard to get the chases(and the regulars, for that matter) in.

I started buying Minimates when they went on clearance at Toys R Us, so I got some 4-packs there. Since then I've bought most of them at Target, with a good deal on eBay getting me some of the ones I'd missed and wanted.

I got some at TRU also. The Carnage/Spidey/Doom/Venom was my first minimate set.

BTW, Welcome!

I seem to be the only die-hard collector (in Eastern Canada) so I've always managed to get the chase...

Yeah, I seem to be the only one out here on the West coast but it's been difficult finding them let alone getting chase figures. Hopefully Wal-Mart will carry waves 12 and 13.

Even if you can find the Minimates in west coast Canada (B.C.), the minimates are so freakin' expensive.... it's because only very few comic stores sell the minimates here... :( sad