UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Where do YOU buy minimates?!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For a regular one: $10.99. For a chase: $ 15.99. It sucks :angry:

My first stop has always been my LCS, which gives me a discount on everything but trading cards and snacks. So I get good value there. Failing that, I go wherever I can find what I need, be it ebay, stuckakid, Target, TRU... anywhere so long as it isn't Wal-Mart.

Last time I 'rediscovered' Minimates I found a bunch of Marvel wave 10 & 11 at a comic convention in Seattle. They were selling fairly cheap and I was lucky enough to pick up quite a few. I hadn't seen Minimates in stores for quite awhile and I thought they'd become extinct.

My previous purchases were from Toys R' Us, Ebay, Tower Records, and Target. The latter had very few and I mainly gobbled them up for Customs. I was never able to find minis at Walmart.

I actually feel lucky. I live in Las Vegas and I have a Comic Store that puts chase sets in my comic box.

So I always go there first. After that I search E-bay for "sells."

Sooner or later everything is on E-bay so I wait.

Oops, I did score two Classic X-men boxed sets from a comic shop in a small town. My Wife thought I was a little crazy to spend so much, let alone buy them out (they just had the two). But I was smart and sold the 2nd one on Ebay for a decent price.

I've also picked up a few minis from a local comic store, but they infrequently carry them and have a higher mark-up. I've inquired about getting more minis at that store several times, but they just didn't seem interested. :(

I started with 2-packs from Wal-Mart, but they stopped carrying them. Now, I get almost all my mini's from my LCS. He puts back a chase for me, I get a discount, and I can get the con-exclusives for less than what it would cost me online after shipping usually. I almost only hit ebay now for the hard to find stuff like promos and early stuff I missed.

Mine fell off the back of a truck, if you catch my drift.

I'm just kidding, I got waves 1-11, the Giant sized X-men pack, some C3, and the Dark Phoenix and Thanos 2-packs from my local comic shop, Prof. X and Magneto from AFX, Iron Fist and Powerman from Wizard Universe, and a boat load of cheap C3 and regular minimates from Toysrus.

• 2 weeks later...
Mine fell off the back of a truck, if you catch my drift.

I'm just kidding, I got waves 1-11, the Giant sized X-men pack, some C3, and the Dark Phoenix and Thanos 2-packs from my local comic shop, Prof. X and Magneto from AFX, Iron Fist and Powerman from Wizard Universe, and a boat load of cheap C3 and regular minimates from Toysrus.

Does TRU still sell Minimates??

• 2 months later...

Hey guys I have a question. Since it's beginning to look like the Marvel waves are on their way where is a good place to pre-order them so I don't have to go to Ebay and scrounge. I tried doing the pre-order onn Corner Store Comics but I just got an error message that they were out of stock. I don't want a case of each just one of each figure including the variants. Any suggestions?

I get mine from the trunk of a caddy. :P

Are you sure it wasn't the trunk of a "Cappy"? Cappy, you'd better re-count your mini's!

Originally, I purchased all of mine by the case from the local LCS, however as shipments inflated in price and became unreliable, I've resorted to on-line shops. Occasionally, I pick-up custom-fodder from Target.

So are there any (reliable) websites that are offering pre-sales of complete waves? I hate to go to the store to pick them up, much more into armchair shopping. Is Corner Store a good site? What about Stuckakid are they doing pre-orders of complete waves? I want to get in early before I have to spend $20 on a variant that's been out 2 weeks! :blink:

I can vouch for Cornerstore Comics (ordered quite a few C3s with no problems). The best way, really is to simply do a search and compare prices and shipping. Also, splitting the cost with a buddy is a good way to go. As far as LCSs in my area, no one carries MMs unless you specifically pre-order them(by the case) from Previews. I can understand not wanting to sit on over-stock, but it seems unlikely that anyone that isn't already a MM fan will ever know of their existence (sad, sad, sad) unless they are visibly displayed or promoted. With the previous price-hikes (I used to receive a 10% discount in addition to reasonable price without paying any shipping!) and unreliability of Diamond Dist. , I've given-up and only buy sets from on-line stores. I may return to buying cases if DC and BSG ever get released...we'll see.

Are you sure it wasn't the trunk of a "Cappy"? Cappy, you'd better re-count your mini's!

:blink: How did you know?. Apparently he borrowed TBT's caddy that day. :P

LMAO! You see AA?! THIS is what happens when mini's production is delayed and they can't find good homes...they resort to car-jacking!! BTW, thas'a fly-ride "T-Dawg"; I hope you get it back soon!!

:blink: How did you know?. Apparently he borrowed TBT's caddy that day. :P

LMAO! You see AA?! THIS is what happens when mini's production is delayed and they can't find good homes...they resort to car-jacking!! BTW, thas'a fly-ride "T-Dawg"; I hope you get it back soon!!

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer to get mine from my local comic book store and have bought most of my mates at a comic book store wither it be my local one (heroes and villains of Tucson) or Pop culture paradise in Tempe. I hate buying things on line and only do so for exclusives. I also buy from the mass market but really only for extras and parts for Customs.