UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

I'm Moving

So for the first time in my life, I'm moving to a different city. And a different state. 12 hours away.

I'll be staying with my best pals while working at my new job and hopefully an apartment will happen quick. I've a meeting Tuesday with an apArtment hunter.

Knowing it needs to be done, I'm opening all my extra Minimates and storing them in plastic hobby boxes. Iust've forgotten just how much of a back stock I had, though. I bought 12 yesterday at Hobby Lobby and am about to return for another... 20.

Yeah. I got a real problem here.

I hope it works out well for you. I just had a similar move, from NY where I lived for the last 20 years, to OR (3,000 miles away - literally the other side of the country), and I went through the exact same situation with my MInimates. They were the second largest portion of all my moving boxes, right after my books. I had to open 'mates that I had been holding onto for years, and packing them turned out to be a much bigger project than I ever would have expected.

Anyway, good luck with the move! Hopefully you'll score a nice place where you can display your mates instead of having to keep them in the storage boxes like I've had to do for the most part wink.png

Thanks! I'll be moving from the northeast part of Arkansas where I've lived all 31 years of my life to about 20 minutes away from Austin, Texas.

Just returned from Hobby Lobby with 24 boxes. Part of my problem is wanting to pack like properties together. Makes for a time consuming ordeal. Still, it's not like pulling teeth... that was Wednesday when I got three wisdom teeth removed. Yowtch!

I'm moving near Austin of my own volition and can't wait to experience the culture change there. I've visited three times and my 2 best friends from home "here" in Arkansas live there, so I have a friend support base already there. I'm very nervous about leaving my home and fambly but I know I will be back to visit lots.

Turtle, I'm just bringing bare essentials with me for now while staying with my pals and then will drive back to pack up everything else once I find an apartment.

Thank you all for your well wishes. :)

All i have to say is Welcome to our wonderful Republic and enjoy our weather! lol

you mean to tell me, you guys didn't have to shovel out your cars for the 12th time this morning? ugh, I never thought I'd be tired of the snow, but man, am I tired of the snow (mainly the shoveling)

Good luck with the move! and here's to new life experiences (raises glass)

I am moving this Friday; not very far, from one suburban Philly town to another. But man, does it suck. We've got movers, and they are packing for us, otherwise I don't know if I'd be able to do it again. Nothing makes you regret your collections quite like moving.

Thanks again for the further well wishes! That's a crazy coincidence, Winter Soldier!

And ElGallo21, funny that I drove through Dallas so soon after we completed a trade!

I've really enjoyed the warmer weather so far and put in an application/paid the deposit on an apartment today that seems perfect and like a real bargain.

Luckily, when it comes time to drive back to Arkansas to get my things I'll have already packed all my Minimates in plastic storage boxes and will have a real easy (if heavy and tedious) time if boxing up comic book collected editions. The most difficult aspect will be bringing the pets down on such a long drive but I have an idea that could make that as pleasant as possible for them.

And ElGallo21, funny that I drove through Dallas so soon after we completed a trade!

Wow, and that was probably same day I was passing through San Marcos!

you mean to tell me, you guys didn't have to shovel out your cars for the 12th time this morning? ugh, I never thought I'd be tired of the snow, but man, am I tired of the snow (mainly the shoveling)

Good luck with the move! and here's to new life experiences (raises glass)

Snow? is that the frozen stuff that falls the sky and shuts down our entire state one day then disappears the next? biggrin.png

YB says

Think white sand that falls from the sky and makes a huge mess. While the North can handle several feet of it without impacting society, only 2 inches turned the South into the Walking Dead.

We've started referring to it as "Redneck Kryptonite". wink.png

I think that's about right. My mom had to explain to me the other day the concept of "dibs parking". I didn't get it.

And MM, welcome! One of us! One of us!

Man alive! All these folks moving around the same time. Nuts!

So I hear that when it has a little bit of frost, they shut things down here in San Marcos. After roughly a month (added up) of snow days for crazy ice, I'm torn between looking forward to lowered expectations for snow days and wanting to work at my job as much as possible.

YB says

Think white sand that falls from the sky and makes a huge mess. While the North can handle several feet of it without impacting society, only 2 inches turned the South into the Walking Dead.

We've started referring to it as "Redneck Kryptonite". wink.png

I think that's about right. My mom had to explain to me the other day the concept of "dibs parking". I didn't get it.

And MM, welcome! One of us! One of us!

Looks pretty acurrate to me. But not to worry mystery man, in my experience, many companies are on a "per your own risk" basis and then there's always the ocationnal work from home day.