UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Big Bang Theory

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, in 2008 BBT was fairly new. Now it is a juggernaut. If a company had asked us to make them in 2008, Chuck would not have had high expectations of their chances of success. Today, even with all the other merch, their chances are much better.

He still might not go after the license himself - we rarely go after a license just for Minimates - but if a big customer like EE already has the license and wants to buy the entire run, the only thing Chuck has to worry about is whether it's good for the Minimates brand. I would say it is.

Edited by DSTZach

Maybe a more accurate way to frame that question in this context would be: "if some other company came to you with a pile of money and asked you to make BBT Minimates, would you?"

All the more reason to create a Kickstarter campaign to acquire rights that allow you to manufacture Minimates of [insert property here]. wink.png

Edited by MisterPL

I only follow TBBT, HIMYM, Suits and TWD. So this is a welcome addition to my collection. And civilain mates, so it wouldn't hurt for diorama builders.

Hoping for a third boxset for their recurring guests - Stuart, Wil Wheaton, Pria and Stephen Hawking! smile.png

I agree with your first three, but I think Kripke would have to bump Hawking as he's been in many episodes where SH has only really appeared in one.

Let's not forget, both LeVar Burton and Brent Spiner have appeared on the show. Theres 3/4 of a ST:TNG/TBBT boxset right there wink.png Aw hell, just throw in James Earl Jones and be done with it biggrin.png

I hope you all realize that special guest stars are not covered under the agreement. A smuch as I'd love a Stephen Hawking or James Earl Jones Minimate myself, it's like asking for a Stan Lee 'mate in the Marvel line. That said, Ask Bif Bang Pow!

My first thought was that this might be a great way to get DC and Trek uniforms. However, BBT is licensed through Warner Bros., which owns DC, not Star Trek. I'm pretty sure the show only makes a ton of Trek references because it airs on CBS. (If it aired on Disney-owned ABC, you'd see a lot more Marvel merchandise and hear a lot more Star Wars references, I imagine.)

Oh, and I REALLY like the idea of getting the ENTIRE MAIN CAST in only TWO 4-PACKS. That's just smart marketing right there!

Maybe a more accurate way to frame that question in this context would be: "if some other company came to you with a pile of money and asked you to make BBT Minimates, would you?"

All the more reason to create a Kickstarter campaign to acquire rights that allow you to manufacture Minimates of [insert property here]. ;)

Just make sure you provide DST with the artwork. And funds as well, I bet that helps.

• 3 weeks later...

I despise this show but the accessories...EEK !!! So cool.

Wish DST would put out a few accessories sets like Jakks Pacific used to do with WWF Grapple Gear.

THOSE were so fun. I remember buying at least one a month when i was a kid. Just random items in a package for you to display or have them fight with. Stuff like this is needed again.

WarZone-GrappleGear-Front.jpg

51fGdpu1cRL.jpg

• 1 month later...

I don't know how Bif Bang Pow will offer the two four-packs, but I believe they'll be solicited in Previews as well as offered on EntertainmentEarth.com. Not sure what issue they'll be in, it may very well be the next one, but if I hear anything I'll let you know.

thanks Zach, I'm very excited for these and wanted to make sure I don't miss out. i'm planning to pick up at least 2 of each set (Star Trek cosplay customs biggrin.png) I like to pre order to show support for 'mates in general as opposed to waiting for them to hit clearance. i want retailers/e-tailers to have confidence in minimates and not be timid about carrying them.

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's BBP's stuff, but I was wondering if you had any insight into some details about them at all, Zach?

Like, how will the couch be packaged? Build-a-couch, or will the packaging be larger to accomodate it?

(We're getting the couch with them, right?)

I am so excited for that couch. Probably way more excited than I should be for a small plastic couch, but excited nonetheless.

I'm right there with you. As much as I want the figures, I want the couch even more!