UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Big Bang Theory

I like these sets all the characters look like their actors (which isn’t something a lot of minimates pull off, Starlord doesn’t really look that much like Chris Pratt for example) and they’re very colorful.

Here’s some random pictures:

IMG_1297_zps68a9b8b5.jpg

Flash Sheldon is staying with the main group, but I think GL Sheldon looks just fine with these guys.

IMG_1299_zps81c00faa.jpg

The Mark 42 has NEVER said no to a good sit

IMG_1298_zps1b71e1a9.jpg

and I’ll always think of Howard as Moist, I like to think tBBT is an origin story that will end with a horrible lab accident that kills everyone but Howard but causes him to sweat uncontrollably... I probably should have had Penny in that picture, there’s probably a joke there too.

Edited by dr baghead

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not relating to some of the characters I'm seeing apart from Buzz (?)

the couch is all that matters, Buzz (aka Beyond Infinity Iron Man, he has a helmet replacing the Kubrick Buzzs head) just happened to be on the shelf when I took the picture.

I like that Doctor Horrible custom!

Something seems a little weird with the couch though.

Looks like the middle section was removed to convert it into a loveseat.
on the nose, I thought the Mark 42 looked a little weird sitting on a three-seater so I too out the middle.

From Holocaust, I believe. Or whatever the PC character name they used since he was a TRU exclusive. wink.png

Nemesis, I thought that too but I thought I saw sinestro's hand in there and there shouldn't be room for that to work.
Its Holocust Nemesis hand, I dremeled the base so he could fit his hand in.

Try to steer back on topic:

IMG_1302-1_zps27fb11b0.jpg

Full group shot. Theyre really fun looking.

IMG_1303_zps30c392d4.jpg

Alt. Sheldon with Chinese food hands (Jules is there just to show the different food options)

Full couch pictured, the couch is set up so the arm rest are identical pieces each with a male peg, the middle and Sheldons spot are identical and have a male and female peg, and the first seat is a unique piece and has two female pegs. So if you buy both sets you can assemble a 5-seater and an arm chair (or a four-seater and a love seat if thats your jam), each additional set will let you add on two more seats to your infinity-couch and make one more arm chair.

I sent an e-mail to Customer Service for DST.

How long does it take to typically hear back from them when you send them a message?

I sent them a message on Friday about Howard's leg being broken in my set that I opened for display.

Edited by Captain Paco

Got my fodder sets today! While I'm no fan of the show, these are well done, and with very little parts reuse (which is nice, considering what EE is charging for these...). The likenesses are pretty spot on, those that I recognize (I don't think I knew there were two other guys on the show). There's a ton of cool little parts; I can't wait to figure out what to do with them all. BTW, a cool little easter egg: the green on the GL shirt arms matches the recycling shirt perfectly, if you want to take off that guy's coat.

But most importantly, I upgraded my G'Nort custom! If anyone wants to make him, the formula is: Wolfman head, hands, and feet; GL shirt chest; black vest; green arms and legs. Couldn't be easier. Hopefully, I'll figure something out for the Flash.

I opened my sets this morning. Pleased to report no QC issues. The hip joints on all of my figures were a bit tighter than I'm used to with other Minimates but nothing to worry about. Just had to carefully move them and they freed up okay. One big negative is that the girls are all in skirts and can't sit on the couch at all without removing the skirt piece. Not sure how that could have been fixed without including separate pants leg pieces for them but considering that Amy and Bernadette are always wearing dresses that wouldn't make sense. So they'll be hovering behind their boys on the couch.

Also be careful with the food hands. The pegs seem to be thicker than the regular hands and could bend or break when inserting them into the wrists if you're not careful. I just shaved a tiny bit off the hand pegs and they fit just fine. This was mostly with the soda can and chinese food box hands as they are completely new tools. The chopsticks hand looks to be a regular hand with the chopsticks molded into it so the peg fit better with no modification needed.

Overall I really like these 'mates. Getting a full couch with each set was the smart thing to do as it allows you to have a couch and chair just like they do on the show. I'll probably be getting another set to have for civilian custom fodder and to paint a couch Iron Man.