UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Big Bang Theory

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI, I ordered the sets from ThinkGeek, and they arrived in bubble wrapped, pretty beat to hell. Not the biggest deal, but a bit of a disappointment since I primarily ordered these as gifts.

I haven't found a good Devil Dinosaur, be it custom or pre-made.

There are a few interesting choices out there. For me personally I don't like the way newer T-rex toys look with the hunched over design. I prefer the older stuff where the figure is standing straight up like Godzilla. The three I had narrowed my search down to were the Playmobil T-Rex, HG Toys Dinosaur Warriors T-Rex and a TRU Rex that I noticed recently. The TRU one is in the action figure aisle with the Army/Pirates/Fantasy stuff. It costs a bit ($50 i think) as it's part of a set but it is a nice looking huge beast of a toy. The Playmobil one looks nice too but I had never seen it in person so I wasn't 100% sure about scale.

I went with the Dinosaur Warriors Rex and have no regrets. It's a perfect scale and has the Devil Dinosaur look, tiny mishapen arms and huge thick legs with clawed feet. I was lucky enough to run into one recently and snatched it up. Preliminary painting on Devil and Moonboy begins this weekend. By the way, the only reason I even knew this figure existed was from You Bastards custom thread (Pg 8). He used this figure to make his DD custom way back in 2010.

The Jurrasic World Lego stuff is lots of fun. I've got all the sets x2 so I can build real big enclosures. Plus, those gyroscopes make fun time machine bubbles for Kang!

The Playmobil Dino's are my absolute favorites, though. Realistic enough without losing the simple block figure asthetic that I prefer. I just wish they'd have done an iguanodon, brontosaurus, plesiosaur and ichthyosaurus.

Other than my Godzilla vinyl collection, everything I buy is intended to supplement my Minimates.

That Dinosaur Warriors T-Rex looks great! Looking forward to seeing it completed... and I need to find the thread mentioned.

Edited by Mystery Man

• 1 month later...