UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare Minimates

I hope this line brings some new eyes to Minimates.

Also, I played with the prototypes today, and it seems like all three of the plants in the set will have articulated and removable heads. Their bodies are static, but the heads can pivot and plug onto other bodies, as far as I can tell. Should be cool. and hopefully that makes the plants more appealing to some people. Two more zombies and three more plants will be at TRU!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I may get a set of these mates merely for the football player zombie.

I love the game but just something about seeing the plants in minimate form is not my choice.

Also the construction worker does not make me think of the game.

So you are saying that we will see different PvZ mates at TRU? Any way we can see images of them soon?

• 3 weeks later...

The current Plants VS Zombies mini figures/statues...whatever, they're not really posable. They're static and don't move like the new little Pokemon figures (made by the same company that does Adventure Time toys, I think?) have been sitting since I've seen them put on shelves.

I dunno...I just don't think there's much interest for Plants Vs Zombies merchandise. But that's my opinion.

The current Plants VS Zombies mini figures/statues...whatever, they're not really posable. They're static and don't move like the new little Pokemon figures (made by the same company that does Adventure Time toys, I think?) have been sitting since I've seen them put on shelves.

I dunno...I just don't think there's much interest for Plants Vs Zombies merchandise. But that's my opinion.

I think there probably is (though I'm not one of them), considering all of the merchandise forthcoming. However, I do have reservations about this line and it's timing after seeing all of the K'Nex PvZ mini-fig.s and sets that are starting to hit. While I personally think the 'mates are superior, the brand-recognizable construction sets will likely catch the eye of parents and children long before the 'mates launch. Hopefully there will be enough support from established 'mate collectors to off-set this, but it may be too little too late since the K'Nex product is hitting shelves first and in greater numbers.

• 5 weeks later...

Minimate is unlikely, but we're making a vinyl bank. Could be a big enemy a la the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.

NOPE! Not accepting that answer.

How about I buy the sets you guys make because novelty zombies make me happy and then someday you’ll be FORCED to make Zombie Yeti into a minimate when all the other zombies have been made? Deal with that!

Edited by dr baghead

Minimate is unlikely, but we're making a vinyl bank. Could be a big enemy a la the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.

How about I buy the sets you guys make because novelty zombies make me happy and then someday you’ll be FORCED to make Zombie Yeti into a minimate when all the other zombies have been made? Deal with that!

How about using Kuma's body with Sasquatch's hands and feet, blastaar's hair, and a pvz Zombie head (once they're released). That might hold you over for a bit.

How about using Kuma's body with Sasquatch's hands and feet, blastaar's hair, and a pvz Zombie head (once they're released). That might hold you over for a bit.

NOPE!

If I want a random Zombie Yeti figure I’d buy the one I saw at the store yesterday

If I want to make a custom I’ll finish that Bigfoot I start using Sasquatch parts ages ago but never did

I want an official Zombie Yeti minimate.

NOPE!

If I want a random Zombie Yeti figure I’d buy the one I saw at the store yesterday

If I want to make a custom I’ll finish that Bigfoot I start using Sasquatch parts ages ago but never did

gadbf7c56.jpg

NOPE!

gadbf7c56.jpg
funny, but I’m really more the Augustus Gloop type Edited by dr baghead

• 3 months later...

Very strange license on these. Was anyone asking for plant vs zombies mates?

My kids.

Oh yes. They've actually just seen them on this thread via that above pic for the first time, and you wouldn't believe how excited they both are (and theres 7 years between them)

The youngest also told me that Grandad would like them too....

Very strange license on these. Was anyone asking for plant vs zombies mates?

Well, to me at least, they look like the spiritual successors of the Charm City Cakes set. Crazy acessories and some fun characters. That alone, is reason enough for me to buy them (when I get the cash).