UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare Minimates

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. For obvious reasons I had been at TRU a lot lately and every time I went I picked the PvsZ minifigure boxset but always stopped myself from buying it, looks like there will be no stopping me now.

lol, I do the same thing. I think they look really cool, but now that there will be minimates, I'm done for... maybe this will get all those cool sculpted parts out that would have been used for maximum zombies.

Yeah, I'd love some more of those unused sculpts.

One head swap and maybe some paint later and I'm going to have a Maximum Zombies inspired Construction Worker smile.png

agreed on the construction worker and I can see a Dallas Cowboys zombie too. [insert joke about the dead hopes for another championship ring here]

Edited by ElGallo21

these look well made, and definitely in line with the game and other merchandise I have seen.

These are not on my must buy list. but happy to see minimates any way they can get out to the public.

I wish DST the absolute highest sales for these, as it may mean extending the lines that I love.

moc847

The first series of Minimates features two zombies versus two plants: All-Star Zombie and Engineer Zombie facing off against Cactus and Pea Shooter. As a bonus, an extra plant, Marigold, is included as well. Each Minimate stands two-inches tall, features 14 points of articulation, and sports various interchangeable parts and accessories. The box set is suggested to retail for $19.99.

Okay.

The first assortment of action figures comes in four sets of pairs. Each pair contains a zombie and a corresponding plant to do battle with. The figures stand FIVE-INCHES TALL and features multiple points of articulation...

By action figures they mean non-Minimates right?

One head swap and maybe some paint later and I'm going to have a Maximum Zombies inspired Construction Worker smile.png

I agree with this. I’m very excited about this line not because I’ve ever played PvZ but because I like novelty zombies. I can just fish some boring grey zombie pieces out of parts bin, and swip-swip! new zombie for my TWD collection!

the plants are cute too, they’ll probably go well with my cactus pups.

The first assortment of action figures comes in four sets of pairs. Each pair contains a zombie and a corresponding plant to do battle with. The figures stand FIVE-INCHES TALL and features multiple points of articulation...

By action figures they mean non-Minimates right?

Yes, the article shows a group shot of our 5-inch action figures, as well. They will be sold in packs of two, in our Select packaging.

I just seed these on youtuber ..hadn't plant to but I found myself lichen them,they look just vine ! There's a stigma about plants which stems from their roots butt what a releaf weed have if they blossom rather than vegetate wacko.png

TRU will have an exclusive window box. I mean box set.

i might be going out on a limb but finding them at a branch be fruitless biggrin.png

I know I talk a load of crop .

There will be other new licenses at the show, for people who don't like these.

With one of them revealed to be the Big Bang Theory i hope there still is a more "action" line so to speak. PVZ & BBT are definitely unexpected but quite welcome surprises. All in all, Toy Fair looks really promising and the stakes are really high IMO.

...How are the stakes high? Are you saying we could lose it all if we don't unveil the right new Minimates license? Or win it all? I don't know that either is a concern, or even a possibility.

Sorry these lines weren't action enough for you, Kostis, but I thought you'd be happy, considering how much you love video games and American TV shows.

There are two unannounced "action" lines debuting, although I'm not sure what photography will be allowed, plus two previously announced lines you haven't seen yet.

...How are the stakes high? Are you saying we could lose it all if we don't unveil the right new Minimates license? Or win it all? I don't know that either is a concern, or even a possibility.

Sorry these lines weren't action enough for you, Kostis, but I thought you'd be happy, considering how much you love video games and American TV shows.

There are two unannounced "action" lines debuting, although I'm not sure what photography will be allowed, plus two previously announced lines you haven't seen yet.

These the problems you face when english isn't your first language. I wanted to say that this Toy Fair is already looking great and we haven't seen even half of it! Between the new licenses and the continuation of previous lines it's better than Christmas! I meant it as a compliment but it seems that I used the wrong phrase, sorry about that.

I sometimes forget English isn't your first language, Kostis. Stakes implies there is something at risk, and while there is always a fair amount of gambling going on in this industry (I would call PVZ a gamble, although we have high hopes), I think the number of licenses we have at any given time helps spread out the risks.

Getting to this point with a highly anticipated game like this one is a big deal for us. And the two unannounced lines are pretty big, too. Hope you guys like them.

I sometimes forget English isn't your first language, Kostis. Stakes implies there is something at risk, and while there is always a fair amount of gambling going on in this industry (I would call PVZ a gamble, although we have high hopes), I think the number of licenses we have at any given time helps spread out the risks.

Sometimes I mix certain phrases in my head, usually due to being tired or because I don't remember it correctly. And it doesn't help when I type after three straight hours of advanced calculus.

As for PVZ I, personally love it! It's wacky, exciting and a something new and unexpected. Maybe it's because I grew up with video games (for example some people want more LiS and while i bought the two pack for that sweet robot i'm not THAT excited, even though i will buy everything you put out just to support the line) but every time I see a new vg license i jump up and down (sometimes figuratively and sometimes literally)!

It's the type of license that makes minimates a whole brand and not just marvel and the occasional one year license. Lines come and go and the MM name gets bigger and bigger every year.

Edited by Kostisfire