UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toy Fair 2014!

hellpop

I'm not particularly excited about any of the new lines, except maybe TMNT, but still waiting to see them. I'm sure I'll still pick up the various movie sets though.

But as long as Marvel related Minimates keep being made, I'm a happy camper.

Though I'm still wishing for Minimates of licenses that Funko is exploring, like Game of Thrones and the Whedon shows.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No TRU waves shown. No wave 19. No confirmation of any TRU movie waves. I feel a chill running through my bones.

Toys R Us waves don't need to be shown because they are already a done deal with TRU. Same reason we didn't see the Spider-Man or X-Force boxed sets, because they are locked up exclusives with other retailers. I also believe Zach has confirmed ASM2 wave and GotG wave for TRU in other threads.

No TRU waves shown. No wave 19. No confirmation of any TRU movie waves. I feel a chill running through my bones.

Toys R Us waves don't need to be shown because they are already a done deal with TRU. Same reason we didn't see the Spider-Man or X-Force boxed sets, because they are locked up exclusives with other retailers. I also believe Zach has confirmed ASM2 wave and GotG wave for TRU in other threads.
I hope thats the case but werent the TRU exclusives shown at previous Toy Fairs? Edited by VulcansFury

As the official mascot and charter member of Guys Who Have Been Bellyaching About Whether TRU Will Continue Carrying Minimates, I have to say, I think this is settled law. Zach has said multiple times, in multiple threads and in no uncertain terms that there will be Minimates at TRU this year. He's confirmed a wave 19, as well as shared ASM2 and GOTG waves (19 may be one of those?).

As the official mascot and charter member of Guys Who Have Been Bellyaching About Whether TRU Will Continue Carrying Minimates, I have to say, I think this is settled law. Zach has said multiple times, in multiple threads and in no uncertain terms that there will be Minimates at TRU this year. He's confirmed a wave 19, as well as shared ASM2 and GOTG waves (19 may be one of those?).

He also confirmed a Thor 2 TRU wave, so there is that. And as I said before, TRU has shown their willingness to change their minds. But I think I'm probably confusing Toy Fair with SDCC showing off the TRU stuff, so sorry for raising the alarm.

Can't wait to see pics of those TMNT and Star Wars minimates!!

whistling.gif

Do I get points for being half right?... oh well, even a broken clock is right twice a day. Excited for the TMNT mates.. my boy is just starting to get into them.highfive2.gif

Edited by The Vox

After having had some time to digest Toy Fair, I've got to say that I am very pleased with DST has shown, what we saw, and what was announced. This looks to be a good year for Minimates. There are some licenses I'm not really in to (Battle Beasts, PvZ), but it is always nice to see the brand expanding. I keep getting more and more excited for Aliens, and now Alien too! The Marvel movie 'mates that were shown all look top notch to me. The new Best of wave is just bad ass. The Tarantino and View Askew lines look great as well (Since B&W Jay and Silent Bob, I've wanted B&W Dante and Randall- the only black and white figures I've wanted). And Sin City looks very executed. DST is doing a great job this year.

We have shown TRU MInimates at Toy Fair before, but this year we didn't see the point. We had TRU MInimates on hand if we needed them to show TRU, but did not put them out, as our booth is mostly toured by specialty retailers. We also had Disney exclusive Select figures stowed away that weren't on display. But I went home with the Spidey MM exclusives! devil.gif

We have shown TRU MInimates at Toy Fair before, but this year we didn't see the point. We had TRU MInimates on hand if we needed them to show TRU, but did not put them out, as our booth is mostly toured by specialty retailers. We also had Disney exclusive Select figures stowed away that weren't on display. But I went home with the Spidey MM exclusives! devil.gif

Am i reading this correctly? Disney store Spidey minimates exclusives?

No, TRU.

No, TRU.

Ok, thanks for the clarification.