UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toy Fair 2014!

hellpop

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on, did no one go visit this?

It's not open to the public. It's meant more for toy companies to show off their new product to potential vendors. So unless you're a vendor, a reporter or a photographer of some kind, you're not getting in.

Before I start, the following statement isn't directed at DST because we haven't seen much of their showing yet.

I felt like this was a pretty lackluster Toy Fair, at least in terms of the lines I collect. The reveals I was most excited by were the G.I. Joe Kre-O's, just because they actually had a lot of cool new product to show. If a lot of these companies aren't planning on showing much new stuff until SDCC, it's going to be a very boring stretch.

Agreed - i'm pretty bummed that the Marvel Universe is being rebranded as Avengers. What i've seen so far confirms my fears that we'll be seeing less X-Men & non-avengers characters in the 3.75" scale.

It's fun, but I get a knot in my gut trying to make sure the unapproved figures aren't photographed and trying to accommodate walk-ins. Small complaints. Today I'll likely have to go on camera at some point. Nobody wants that.

The two new "action" lines that we'll probably not see pictures of, will we learn what they are, kinda like the alien thing where there was a press release even though photots were not allowed (at the time)?

They're TMNT and Godzilla. No photos allowed of TMNT yet.

Pathfinder and Pulp Fiction are also on display. No Pathfinder pics yet.

blink.pngblink.png ....I almost feel like this is Zach messing with us smile.png

Very excited to see what they look like........eventually biggrin.png

Modern cartoon for now.

Woot!

Edited by Shogi

Sorry, just figured you'd get the news today eventually, hope you like the Godzilla figs.

No worries, just having a little fun, I had to wait to see the Aliens and they were totally worth it, I'm sure the Turtles will be too :D

Very cool! Battle Beast mates will look right at home with TMNT mates! smile.png

Does the Godzilla license include the old movies too?

I was wondering that as well. New movie will get us a Bryan Cranston but old movies have much more material to work with. Either way, the King is coming!