UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toy Fair 2014!

hellpop

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the waiting sucks. it builds such anticipation we are destined to be let down. case and point ASM2. we all KNEW what to expect and we still went. awwwww

The waiting truly is the worst part. I have noticed a pattern as well. Hasbro is the first to be covered, followed by a small company, then lego, funk, the japanese imports (Figuarts,etc) and dst is covered towards the end. TASM 2 was a bit dissapointing i must say but i still think that it'll be an awesome toy fair. I'm really excited to see the spidey foes box set and the two new "action" lines.

Edited by Kostisfire

Hasbro traditionally has a collector's event aimed at our market the day before the show starts, which is why they get covered by the news sites first. Unfortunately, Minimates are a bit low on the radar of most collector sites, which is why we tend to have to wait longer for them to upload photos and stuff. I wonder if the MMMV could get someone in; I'm close enough that I'd go, if I could get a pass.

Edited by hellpop

Hasbro traditionally has a collector's event aimed at our market the day before the show starts, which is why they get covered by the news sites first.

Yeah, i noticed that too.

So far we've seen:

Hasbro

Tamashii

Funko

Lego

and Fwoosh has just covered Neca

Edited by Kostisfire

Nice find, Jeff!

Between the couch and the extra accessories these sets have, I can't imagine passing on this license. It's little touches like these that make civilian mates worth getting.

I'm having a hard time making out what accessories are next to the soda can hand... it looks like a book and several metal items (star trek phasers, maybe?)

Mattel's DC and MOTU stuff. They are doing a "goodbye" to DCUC by releasing Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman and Kalibak, in Super Powers deco on SP cardbacks, plus Green Lantern as the Riddler (?), Gold Superman, and an unarticulated Mr. Mxyzptlk that will cost $30. I suspect this will not be well received.

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/tf14-mattel-toy-fair-reveals/

Edited by hellpop