UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toy Fair 2014!

hellpop

It's beginning tomorrow Sunday, assuming that this goddamn winter doesn't cancel the whole thing. AFI has posted a few pre-show reveals, and one thing caught my eye:

ScreenHunter_02-Feb.-13-08.45.gif?fit=30

That, my friends, is a new line of 6" figures based on Batman: the Animated Series! thud.gif

Edited by hellpop

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I about died when I saw those too. I can't believe the day has finally come! They're both on model and fully articulated! And 6-inch! highfive2.gif

If I have to stop collecting everything else to support this pricey line, I will. (pricey for my budget) This is my most wanted and most nostalgic line of figures! I can't wait to see Two-Face and Mr. Freeze at ToyFair.

Edited by Samwise Gamgee

It's beginning tomorrow, assuming that this goddamn winter doesn't cancel the whole thing. AFI has posted a few pre-show reveals, and one thing caught my eye:

ScreenHunter_02-Feb.-13-08.45.gif?fit=30

That, my friends, is a new line of 6" figures based on Batman: the Animated Series! thud.gif

God Damn, that is beautiful. If they do a full range of these... i might just have to get them.

But i'm gonna want them all. Poison Ivy, Freeze, even freaking Scar Face!

My question is: Will this Batman figure be able to stand unassisted?

Previously lines based on these top-heavy character designs were notorious for toppling like dominoes. Know how heavy DCC figures are, I'd be concerned these will end up in a heap at the base of a shelf.

Otherwise it's a great looking figure. Not 100% on model (I compared it to the WB maquette last night) but pretty close. Just wish the shoulders had a better range of motion. A swappable "action cape" would be a welcome addition.

IMHO, that show is the best, most faithful adaption of Batman outside of comics. I have a good portion of the original Kenner/Mattel figures, but I always wanted bigger figures with better articulation. I very, very rarely buy DC Collectibles stuff (DC Minimates cancellation: never forget!), but I will pick these up.

Edited by hellpop

November, 6 inch scale, probably $20, no word on accessories yet but i'd doubt things like hands (isn't Red Hood One the first to get that?). Figures from both BTAS and The New Batman Adventures for now, starting with BTAS Catwoman and TNBA Batman, Two-face, and Mr. Freeze.

Also, JESUS YES PLEASE NEED NOW. Hope they go with BTAS for Ivy, i really need her classic look. But Harvey should look fantastic, TNBA is a great design. Looking forward to Ra's eventually too, and hopefully Superman Animated at some point.

Man, DCC dominated Toy Fair before it even started. Red Hood One looks to be the perfect suit buck (well, 2 buttons would be really perfect, but 3 is close enough).

EDIT: Looking back at them, if the Bruce Wayne head on the Night of the Owls Batarmor is swappable, putting one of those on the Red Hood One body would be perfect for a quick and easy Capullo Bruce. Love it.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

if the animated line is all encompassing, I’d literally pay any price for a Brave and the Bold Aquaman.

I don’t need any other tB&tB characters to be made (since they don’t have sharp clean edges like Timmverse designs DCUC look pretty close, smiling Legacy Batman is a near perfect B:tB&tB Batman.) , JUST Aquaman.

So far, we've seen images for two new Minimate lines, Plants vs Zombies and the Big Bang Theory. Zach said this in the PvZ thread:

There are two unannounced "action" lines debuting, although I'm not sure what photography will be allowed, plus two previously announced lines you haven't seen yet.

I'm guessing the announced lines are Pulp Fiction and that LotR/GoT- style video game we saw a poster for last year (the name escapes me). Two more new lines to debut, though! I'll guess TMNT and Assassin's Creed.

I think Assassins Creed has been debunked a number of times (which is too bad; it could be great). Chuck asid in a recent Ask something to the effect of "line planning for TMNT would be premature." Which isn't an outright denial, and suggests to me that it might be in the works, but we won't see anything for a while.

Come on, Metal Gear....

You and I are on the same camp. The things I'd do for a Metal Gear line that covers ALL games...Thing is, a while back I sent ASK DST a question about these licenses: MGS, BIOSHOCK, AC, ME, SKYRIM,GTA and Chuck said that one of them was possible so i still hold out some hope.

Come on, Metal Gear....

You and I are on the same camp. The things I'd do for a Metal Gear line that covers ALL games...Thing is, a while back I sent ASK DST a question about these licenses: MGS, BIOSHOCK, AC, ME, SKYRIM,GTA and Chuck said that one of them was possible so i still hold out some hope.

Its perfect, really.

You can cover waves, boxsets, army dumps, and even a vehicle (A Minimate scale REX would titillate me beyond time and space)

Come on, Metal Gear....

Its perfect, really.

You can cover waves, boxsets, army dumps, and even a vehicle (A Minimate scale REX would titillate me beyond time and space)

You can do variants upon variants upon variants...... The costumes are most of the time damn near perfect and the series is a masterpiece. It'd literally be the best line ever! Heck, look at the PAK line, most of the MG figures are sold out and go for ridiculous prices and the quality isn't even that good. Imagine how kick ass it'd be to have an "Evolution of Snake" display. I don't display my figs (except a select few) but i'd give this line a whole shelf.