UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

We Need Gargoyles Minimates

it is the show’s 20th anniversary (ouch) this year.

it’s too bad Disney has absolutely no interest in recent nostalgia... they’ll gladly sell you a 1930’s style Mickey Mouse doll, but will they even consider taking your money for some Disney Afternoon merch? NOPE!... because a line of Gargoyle minimates and Gargoyle Selects would be amazing.

Thundercats style -

Box Set 1:

Goliath

Demona

Elisa Maza

David Xanatos

Box Set 2:

Brooklyn

Broadway

Lexington

Hudson

Box Set 3:

Bronx (heck, I'm pretty sure they could just repaint the Terror Dog with a new headpiece)

Macbeth

Owen Burnett (with Puck pieces - I'd buy two sets just to have a full figure of each)

Angela

Box Set 4:

Fox

Dingo

Jackal

Hyena

Box Set 5:

Wolf

Coyote

Coldstone
Talon

I'd be more than happy with those. Anyone more important you think should be in there?

It's been a while since I've seen all of season 2 (thanks, Disney rolleyes.gif) but I can't think of anyone else I'd add. Maybe a few Vikings, or the archmage (though I never liked him) just to mix things up. I would do stone Goliath, and maybe pack a spare roaring head with glowing eyes. Also, another set of wings, one folded like a cloak, the other fully extended. In short, defenitly need another Goliath. Maybe Human Demona with mirror? That's be cool.

I would move them around, though. Box set 1 is good, but box set 4 is awful and number 2 is over kill. Maybe shuffle them together? Something like this:

Box Set 1:

Goliath

Demona

Elisa Maza

David Xanatos

Box Set 2:

Brooklyn

Fox

Bronx (heck, I'm pretty sure they could just repaint the Terror Dog with a new headpiece) ((agreed!)

Hudson

Box Set 3:

Broadway

Macbeth

Owen Burnett (with Puck pieces - I'd buy two sets just to have a full figure of each)

Angela

Box Set 4:

Lexington

Coldstone

Jackal

Hyena

Box Set 5:

Steel Clan

Wolf

Coyote

Talon

Box set 6:

Dingo

Human Demona

Steel Clan army builder

The Hunter

Box set 7:

Stone Goliath

Viking marauder

Captain of the guard? Another viking? Archmage?

Boudicca?

I need to get season 2 part 2. :/ My version of set 5 is still a bit light, but it seems to be more evenly distributed. The Hunter and Steel Clan could both be considered army builders, so maybe pair something else with them? Anyways, I'm all in!

No Owen/Puck double mate! The characters don’t share enough colored limbs for that to work, so it’d be Puck’s chest under Owen’s suit and then a spare set of arms, lower torso, head, and hair... at that point it’s basically two minimates.

Owen *CAN* be a multi-look character though with the following:
-Default Owen

-Stone Hand included to make later on in the series Owen

-Black Hair and Bow Tie Chest included to make Preston Vogel

put him in a two pack with a couple other Multi-look characters (I don’t know... Dingo and Xanatos who could have their armor removed?) or a couple army builder (is there any besides Steel Clan?) and it’d sell really well.

... my heart hurts makes wishlist, I want Gargoyles minimates very much and this just reminds me more we don’t have them...

Except, it would be a 100% new sculpt like that. Looking at the Terror Dog from Ghostbusters, really all he would need is a new head. Tooling is expensive.

Plus, with the 5 sets, I was just going by Thundercats numbers. I doubt if we were ever lucky enough to get any that we'd get 7.

And I wouldn't want to wait until #4 to get my favorite Gargoyle.

Though I agree that the "cape wings" would need to be mandatory for pretty much all of them (could even reuse the same piece for all of them - just painted differently).

Definitely need folded wings for Goliath. Snarling faces for the stone versions. Here's my take:

Box Set 1:

Goliath (with folded wings, gramorum, and one half of Phoenix gate)

Demona (with laser rifle and second half of Phoenix gate)

Elisa Maza

David Xanatos (w/Steel Clan Armor)

Box Set 2:

MacBeth

Fox (casual and Pack armor)

Bronx

Hudson (with alternate head with both eyes and sword)

Box Set 3:

Brooklyn (with bike helmet and folded wings)roadway

Broadway

Owen Burnett (with Vogel pieces)

Renard (with modded Xavier hover chair)

Box Set 4:

Lexington

Coldstone (with regular and cyborg parts)

Jackal (with upgraded parts)

Hyena (with upgraded parts)

Box Set 5:

Angela

Wolf (with mutated parts)

Coyote (with hover head)

Dingo (with bulked up armor)

Box set 6:

Archmage (with alternate look, eye of Odin, and Phoenix gate)

Human Demona (with business suit)

Puck (with mirror, chains, and crossed legs/flight stand)

Matt Bluestone

Convention/Retailer Exclusive:

Stone Broadway

Stone Brooklyn

Stone Lexington

Stone Hudson

With a Stone Goliath/Bronx 2pack

Edited by Mnemosis

I liked that he adapted best to the 20th century, and his wing configuration was unique as well (though, how the h311 does his belt & loincloth work? laugh.png ).

According to the show’s creator his wings are pierced allowing him to get dressed.

also Lexington was my favorite too... I liked all the Gargoyles so I wouldn’t say I had a least favorite, but when the Kenner figures came out my little brother got Goliath so the first one I picked up for myself was Lexington.

Edited by dr baghead

The animation (and stand alone stories) gets a little rough during the "Goliath boat trip" (except for the alternate future episode where it was as phenomenal as the first couple episodes of the entire series), but I am happy to have the whole thing finally (Season 2 Volume 2 - Disney Movie Club exclusive!). biggrin.png

Still need season 3. :/

Season 3 as in Season 2 Vol 2 or Season 3 as in “Goliath Chronicles"

because Season 2 Vol 2 is on the Disney Store web-site, Goliath Chronicles is utter garbage and striken from continuity by the creator (instead pick up the SLG Gargoyles comic which is the ‘true’ season 3)