UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Winter is Here.

Hey there. Apologies for the rather incomplete profile, I'm at work so I haven't had all the time/resources to get it in shape. I actually used to post here many aeons ago maybe around 2006, but forgot my username and password and truth be told the email associated with the account. My collection has grown a lot since then. I'd been trying to wrap up the remainder of my Marvel collection (its missing two pieces only!) and decided to come back to you guys. I remembered it on a whim, I had a really positive experience here back then, I had purchased a Morrigan/Demetri Darkstalkers pack and it was missing one of the fireball effects. Someone from here sent me the missing piece out of pocket (they were in the same state, to boot) and I was always gobsmacked at how cool of a thing that was to do for a total stranger. Anyway, came back to pay it forward if I can, maybe make two trades if possible, and talk shop about my favorite pieces of plastic.

By day I work for an insurance company, by night I'm a father to a 4 month old daughter who I'm hoping grows up to be just as much of a comic nerd as me. My favorite comic character should be pretty obvious.

So yeah, I'm Josh/WinterSoldier. Pleased to meetcha.

..... but forgot my username and password ......

I do this on a daily basis .

Winter Soldier ....in many ways the reason I still collect.

Winter Soldier the Minimate ....at bloody last !

So.... a big welcomefor a big name ...stick around .

....& those 2 Marvel Minimates missing ? I'm guessing Angel & Warpath ?

..... but forgot my username and password ......

I do this on a daily basis .

Winter Soldier ....in many ways the reason I still collect.

Winter Soldier the Minimate ....at bloody last !

So.... a big welcomefor a big name ...stick around .

....& those 2 Marvel Minimates missing ? I'm guessing Angel & Warpath ?

Actually, they're the ones in my sig smile.png the AoU Nick Fury is beyond awesome and classic Fury is just an all around fun read, I've been enjoying going through the MAX "My War Gone By" series. Want it badly but can't justify a boxed set for just one figure at this point in time. The other is Punisher, I just...kinda don't have a decent Frank. Slept on it the entire time I was super active in collecting.

The only non-existing 'mate wish I have is to get a Kate Bishop to hang around with my Marvel Now Hawkeye, as they're two of my current favs too.

I tend to really gravitate towards the spy/espionage side of Marvel and that's what my collecting as of late has kinda focused on, I loved the Winter Soldier solo title (and of course his origin arc), I'm enjoying the new Black Widow one, and just...I dunno. Somethin' about that whole stale beer spy fiction stuff really does it for me. Can't get enough of it.

Edited by WinterSoldier

Welcome (back) WS.

You must be pretty stoked, seeing THREE Winter Soldier minimates produced in the one year smile.png

Oh gosh, I was so hyped. I had actually made by own halfarsed custom of him out of parts from the Bucky movie-mate, Ultron's arm, and Expendables parts. It was...okay, but I was so glad to have the real deal in my hands finally after years of fanboyin' it up. It's great to see him so well represented.