UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

We "Must Do" a New Speculation Thread!

hellpop

So, here's a little nugget from the new AskDST:

Q: Any new licenses that we should wait for?

A: YES – new stuff is coming. I think one of them has been on fans’ “must do” list

So... any guesses? Or does everybody just think it's the Turtles? What else is on our "must do" list?

I think it's TMNT and based in the comics. Turtles are huge right now and no one is making anything based on the comics.

Also, TMNT would have a high probability of being picked up by TRU. I hope previous TMNT comics are included. The IDW designs are good but I'd like some classic designs as well.

I like the Turtles, but I'm not confident they would translate very well to a minimate body. Hopefully DST can prove me wrong if it is the license Chuck is referring to. I think calling TMNT a "must do" property is probably overselling though.

What would you consider a "a must do" line?

Mattel has their own 2-inch deformed mini-figure sets now for them anyway. Definitely not MOTU.

Notice the wording too, "one of them;" more than one new license on the way (Granted, Chuck could be talking Pulp Fiction or Sin City but since they've been "announced" i'd doubt it). I'm thinking a new comic license, which i guess TMNT does qualify for, but i haven't really been keeping track with what the latest "must do's" are.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Bit of a longshot here but, maybe Dragon Ball Z?

I like the Turtles, but I'm not confident they would translate very well to a minimate body. Hopefully DST can prove me wrong if it is the license Chuck is referring to. I think calling TMNT a "must do" property is probably overselling though.

What would you consider a "a must do" line?

The first thing that would come to mind would be Star Wars and DC (which I don't think this is). Predator would probably qualify since they already are doing Aliens. After that I think things get pretty debatable. I suppose I'm remembering some of the previous reveals where the actual property fell far short of the hype, though that's probably unrealistic expectations by us as much as anything.

so, they just started showing the Dukes Of Hazzard on CMT again...... I can wish right?

That would lead the way to A-Team stuff..... again, I can wish right?

I had read that Dynamite comics were going to start their own line of toys based on their books. For me, this would rock a llama's a$$. Black Terror, Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Solar, Turok, Warlords of Mars, Miss Fury, Buck Rogers, Captain Victory, The Shadow, The Phantom, Flash Gordon..... just to name a few, all would look so good in minimate form lined up on my display shelf (which I don't have, but would finally get around to doing!) I can wish, right?

I'd almost prefer Dynamite, over MOTU.... but please let it be MOTU!

Bit of a longshot here but, maybe Dragon Ball Z?

"Naaaaaaaail. I saw a minimate. It was pretty. Kick its ass."

Srsly I want DBZ so bad just for Abridged.

"You know what? You might want to duck. Because I'm about to turn left. And I don't want to hit you with my DICK."

Goku/Vegeta (Both with Super Sayain hair)

Freeza/Battle Damaged Goku

Krillin/Gohan

Nappa/Piccolo

I would own that wave so hard.