UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Working on my own toy line - looking for feedback

luke314pi

Luke,

I like the idea of you starting your own toy line, I will support you as I can but this type of figure is not in my realm, but I loved the Garbage Pail Kids. I love the ideas that have been coming in. I do like the Kid Kneestone name over the Kidney Stone name. However you have a large realm to go several waves as you can have two eye monsters and two ear monsters. Also you have all the germs and bacteria that live in the human body that could take form as well.

I like the Toothfairy one, as you can have a tooth with a tootoo and wings but have a club or nasty weaopon of sorts and then have it wearing a patch over one of its eyes and maybe show it had a cavity at one time.

I read Missle Toe and pictured a big toe with a missle launcher.

I think you can have a successful run with this line. I may just have to break down and buy a set if they do come to reality because they are growing on me. Just remember that Garbage Pail Kids had two versions of the same image. Which is why you can do two eyes, two ears and so forth......

Good Luck

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luke

these are really creative, and I think you have really latched on to something here.

I also like the idea YB.

The key to any line, is good vs, evil..

Sooo who does that leave for your bad guys? Bones maybe?

leader skull, rib cage, femur, sternum, tailbone....etc...

maybe these are goofy but wanted to shoot you some feedback...

only other thing, is I think you should take kidney stone, and apply a rock look to it...think the thing.

very very cool. your creativity knows no bounds.

the closest thing I ever had an idea for a toy line was a series of dolls (roughly based off of the same idea as strawberry short cake) called material girls...so you know one would be called denim dressed all in denim (Canadian :) ) cotton, silk, and so on and so on....or sew on..... anyway I digress

thanks

Wow Luke, just saw this. Your creativity and diversity never cease to amaze me! They look very cool, being honest not really my thing (prefer not to think too much about what lurks in my insides - a bit squeamish like that lol) but I can definitely see a market for them. I would echo what others have said in that names based on puns/wordplays would make them more marketable/give them more of a "brand" and there have been some great ideas suggested! I certainly hope they are successful for you and I don't see why they wouldn't be.

Luke

these are really creative, and I think you have really latched on to something here.

I also like the idea YB.

The key to any line, is good vs, evil..

Sooo who does that leave for your bad guys? Bones maybe?

leader skull, rib cage, femur, sternum, tailbone....etc...

maybe these are goofy but wanted to shoot you some feedback...

only other thing, is I think you should take kidney stone, and apply a rock look to it...think the thing.

very very cool. your creativity knows no bounds.

the closest thing I ever had an idea for a toy line was a series of dolls (roughly based off of the same idea as strawberry short cake) called material girls...so you know one would be called denim dressed all in denim (Canadian smile.png ) cotton, silk, and so on and so on....or sew on..... anyway I digress

thanks

Thanks for the feedback! I was thinking that in a future series, Nolistis (the evil guy) would test his magic on his own organs, and would create some really nasty evil organs for the Body Brawlers to fight.

• 2 weeks later...

Across all of the places I posted these designs, Bowel Constrictor seemed to be the least favorite. I am going to set him aside for now, and possibly rework him in the future. What do you think of his replacement, Tongue Tied (or if I change up the names, Tung Tide)? Thanks for MiniFiend for the suggestion!

tongue_zps5f535585.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly I like all the designs upto now I think the first block got a good response on some other forums is because that you had proto'd a couple which put you majorly ahead of anyone else who at that point would prob just show design sketches.

I would guess if its not too expensive to 3d print is to do one of the others that you may have put aside and see if you get better feedback. you never know when its a a success you can make your 33rd million by selling the proto's to ppl that collect that stuff. wink.pngcool.png

Eye Saw is my favorite by far.

I like all of your ideas except the liver one, you hit the nail on the head when you said it doesn't have a recognizable shape, I don't think people will know what it is which won't generate much interest.

I like the overall theme and feel of these, they feel kind of retro to me which is cool. They make me thing of the 90's when everything wasn't so cutesie and had a little bit more edge.