UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

ToysRUs Minimates -what happens now?

Infinity box set's at TRU.

You mean Disney Infinity right, they sell box sets call "Play Sets"

Gotta say that had me laughing for a solid three minutes.

I really hope I get my hands on that Infinity Box Set. In the Five TRU's I have access to, I have never seen any of their exclusive box sets.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GOTG 2-Packs

Bluntman & Chronic 2-pack

Plants vs. Zombies box set

JayBob 4-Pack

TMNT Series 1

Marvel Infinity Box Set

Marvel Series 19

Aliens Series 1

We're working on plenty with TRU, sorry it's a slow period.

We'd make TRU two four-packs instead of four two-packs if they wanted that, but they tell us what they want, we don't dictate format to them. We're happy they take what they take.

Marvel movies are definitely a different beast than regular movies. And we go pretty deep with Marvel movies, considering that we make 7-12 figures per film. Sorry we couldn't make 40 Iron Man armors. :)

• 2 weeks later...

The Guardians movie seems to be successful which may be irrelevant one way or the other but I thought I'd add it in before saying that it would appear that TRU.com may well have got is act together .

I'm seeing very few... if any... tales of woe here & supplies still seem to be readily available.

There appears to be a 'limit' on purchases (2 per order) whilst the obvious target for the discerning ...the exclusive pack hasn't sold out...yet .

Ebay also seems pretty flush with them as well ........'heroes & zeroes' for example had 25 sets of the exclusive at one point ........... so if you're near the Smyrna (TN) branch of TRU, its had its shelves cleared biggrin.png

I think it greatly helped having an even case pack out at TRU with this wave. Having a more even ratio means more sell through, even if someone only picks up (all) the exclusives. Hopefully 'god' cases become the norm all round!

• 2 weeks later...

Did every TRU sell all of its minimates that were on clearance? Or can we expect to find them at a discount store sometime soon? Like 5Below or Big Lots?

Edited by Molybdenum Man

A number of years ago (5?) I had found Street Fighter sets [mostly Chun-Li vs M. Bison (red)] in 5Below stores here in NJ. I had assumed that they came from TRU, but perhaps not.

Does TRU sell clearance stock to discount chains?

The only Minimates I have ever seen at a discount chain, (Ross), was the first TRU Amazing Spiderman wave. It was a full case at $5 each but only at one store. I always assumed it had been a mistake on TRU's part and the store just priced and stocked them instead of trying to send them back.

The only Minimates I have ever seen at a discount chain, (Ross), was the first TRU Amazing Spiderman wave. It was a full case at $5 each but only at one store. I always assumed it had been a mistake on TRU's part and the store just priced and stocked them instead of trying to send them back.

I've seen Spidey minimates at Ross before.

My local TRU has already gone thru one case of GOTG and has a new case on the pegs (minus one full set of course). They unfortunately only got in one case of the latest TWD minimates and I was only able to find 2 of the sets from that wave. The ASM2 minimates seem to be warming the pegs. I think it is because the minimates were kind of lackluster (due to the movie characters they had to choose from when making the minimates). They just weren't very appealing to me. Very bland. Plus the movie wasn't very good either.