UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

ToysRUs Minimates -what happens now?

I just got to shop at a TRU in Peoria, IL. (while it is about an hour's drive from where I live in Normal, IL, I just do not have enough of an excuse to drive there for minimates unless I have other business in Peoria which is very rare.)

Anyway, I got to go to Peoria, IL for work today and so we swung by the TRU there.

I found three Janeway/7of9 sets (all the remaining Star Trek mates in the store) for the Clearance Price of $1.59 each, then I found a Universal Monsters set of the Hunchback/Phoebus for $1.59 and then I found a TRU15 Nova Flame Torch/Annihilus for $1.99. Then I found two complete sets of the Amazing Spider-man 2 TRU.

I also found some Tomb Raider TRU sets but I did not need and more of them. I also saw three sets of Wave 5 of the Walking Dead but they were all the Hitchhiker/Michonne mates and I didn't need any more of that set. I am really looking for Ford/Military Zombie sets as I would like three or four more of that one.

Just thought I would share what I minimates I found and where.

Extra: Just opened one set of my ASM2 and my Green Goblin is missing his right foot. I can see the other package that I am keeping sealed has both feet on him but I never thought to check for that in the store, but I bought all they had at the time.

Edited by Captain Paco

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's possible that one sticker just got left off, Additup. If you're talking multiple packs, that's odd.

Thanks for the TRU report, Paco. Very interesting to hear that Janeway was the only set left (three of them!). That means all the other sets in at least two cases got cleared out. It's possible the aliens were snapped up for army-builders, but that set was still a short pack.

Were the Tomb Raider sets not on markdown? Did they have any of the exclusives?

Definitely contact CS about the foot.

Yea I found the full tru set on Mother's Day in Brooklyn New York.

The battle damaged spidey actually grew on me so much and he's one of my favorite minis! I even carry him with me hah

The black spray really helps that figure stand out, plus the huge eyes on the figure rock!

Zach,

The Tomb Raider Sets were not on markdown, they were full price.

They had one set of the Scavengers and the rest were the Lara sets about four of each.

I will see about calling CS about Goblin's foot, I think I have an extra foot or two from broken legs here and there. (Broken after I had them for a little while and was trying to customize.)

Yeah, I was extremely shocked to find not only one Janeway pack but three and all at the clearance price.

Recent comments in the Tomb Raider thread ..........

I never saw the TRU sets anywhere. What was the story with these. Have they all passed now?

I saw a case ship about 2 months ago, but that seems to be the last one. :/

An employee at one of my TRUs who collects Minimates said she never saw them at her store.

........& from the ASM2 thread

When I ordered from the Sample ASM2 case that hit TRU last week, I ordered 2 of the Flashback Spidey/Max DIllon sets, but they only fulfilled one of them and put the other on backorder.

The backordered set was cancelled today, make of that what you will...

As someone quite rightly noted 'ol butt doesn't venture into TRU B&Ms & wouldn't have a clue what the situation is or was..... but he always used to order from TRU.com ......& nothing much seems to have changed .

I'm probably wrong.

Edited by buttheadsmate

BHM, are you thinking these Tomb Raider sets were just put out, post-clearance, which explains why they are full price and perhaps why they have not been seen until now? This is the second Tomb Raider report I've seen, both being full price, although I suppose both stores could simply be lucky ones that got them. (Not sure why no markdown, though.)

BHM, are you thinking these Tomb Raider sets were just put out, post-clearance, which explains why they are full price and perhaps why they have not been seen until now? This is the second Tomb Raider report I've seen, both being full price, although I suppose both stores could simply be lucky ones that got them. (Not sure why no markdown, though.)

Make that 3. They were also the only minimates not put on clearance in my TRU. They were also there during the core of the clearance.

T.

Tomb Raider and WD Wave 5 were both full price at the stores around me.

This. I think Marvel 18 would have been also, if it didn't share an item number with 17. ASM2 is also full price.

No,not really Zach , the 3 sequential posts from the 3 different members is perhaps an indication that fewer numbers hit fewer stores .

yb ,for sure, had posted (or PM'd me) the following information before.

Tomb Raider and WD Wave 5 were both full price at the stores around me.

Yeah, I'm convinced that TR and WD5 were produced in fewer numbers than most TRU waves, and Marvel 18 might follow that logic as well. It's hard to determine if fewer than normal cases of Wave 18 were produced or if that wave just sold much better due to the discounted prices...or some 'perfect storm' combination of those two factors. At this point though, I don't expect any new shipments/restock for any of those three waves I mentioned, and if your stores didn't get them locally you are better off to track them down on eBay or via the forum sooner rather than later.

It's possible that one sticker just got left off, Additup. If you're talking multiple packs, that's odd.

Thanks for the TRU report, Paco. Very interesting to hear that Janeway was the only set left (three of them!). That means all the other sets in at least two cases got cleared out. It's possible the aliens were snapped up for army-builders, but that set was still a short pack.

Were the Tomb Raider sets not on markdown? Did they have any of the exclusives?

Definitely contact CS about the foot.

Cool, thanks for answering my question.

The stores around me have had Tomb Raider for a couple of months. I assume they only got one case each and no one bought them out since there's at least a full peg's worth left at each store.

I just got back from my local TRU and it appears they've changed the planogram.

The ASM2 Minimates are with the other ASM2 toys. There's a dump at the end of an aisle with what looks like a case of Trek 'mates on clearance. The only other 'mates were two Halo Warthogs. Otherwise my store's dry.

What I found interesting (or concerning, depending on my mood) is that not only were there no Walking Dead Minimates but no Walking Dead product at all. They may have been moved to a new, secret location in the store but I didn't have time to find them.

No ASM2 Minimates with the ASM2 toys at my store, but I do see several pegs of TV Walking Dead figures in the Collectibles aisle. Looks like they also had a Walking Dead zombie bank (from DST?)

I think we should be on the look out for Minimates showing up at Ross or TJMaxx stores again. TRU pegwarmers seem to vanish on occasion, only to show up months later at Ross stores. I don't believe the large stock of clearanced mates could have sold out so quickly. My stores are bare and they had heaps of unsold, clearanced Minimates warming the pegs.

No ASM2 Minimates with the ASM2 toys at my store, but I do see several pegs of TV Walking Dead figures in the Collectibles aisle. Looks like they also had a Walking Dead zombie bank (from DST?)

I think we should be on the look out for Minimates showing up at Ross or TJMaxx stores again. TRU pegwarmers seem to vanish on occasion, only to show up months later at Ross stores. I don't believe the large stock of clearanced mates could have sold out so quickly. My stores are bare and they had heaps of unsold, clearanced Minimates warming the pegs.

That's a good point. A couple months ago my store put out a brand new case of whatever the wave was that had Daredevil/kingpin and it was gone in a couple days. I know there's no way somebody bought just those and left the other stuff.

Did anyone actually see Minimates at a TJMaxx? I was in one in NJ today, the toy section was sad.

Mentioned in the AS2 thread........

After no restocks on these for 2 weeks, I asked a rep aty TRU to check distribution center quantity. It was zero, so whatever is out there is what's available, at least in the area that is supplied by my DC (Southeast Michigan).

I wonder what other DC's are showing, and it looks like they won't be hitting TRU.com, for those that are anticipating.