UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

ToysRUs Minimates -what happens now?

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

FYI, TRU is running new sale - clearance minimates are an extra 40% off.

True Detective:

Everyone in the show drinks Lonestar Beer (which is marketed as "the national beer of Texas.") The show takes place in Louisiana. Nobody in Louisiana drinks that swill (we have Dixie beer for that) and I don't believe many places east of Lake Charles even stock it. Therefore the whole series is nothing but a hallucination by the Texan, Rust.

Edited by elmeaux

Hey Shane do you take me for a mug ?

post-638-0-96386900-1395181074_thumb.png

I watched episode 4 on Saturday .........it takes a fair bit to impress me but that 6 or 7 minute tracking shot towards the end was just bloody marvellous . I thought that I might have been amongst the few even realising it but I Googled & found that I'm not alone ............. http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2014/mar/17/true-detective-cary-fukunaga-tracking-shot

The show's not perfect but it is certainly an eye-opener & undoubtedly my favourite show in a long while.

My threat still stands .

Managed to score a Wolverine/Reaper on that sale as well as Thor/Absorbing and Cap/Falcon. Now I just need to find the Winter Soldier... Ah I'll probably just order an Evil Winter Soldier from Luke.

I went to the local TRU tonight, and they had plenty of Tekken/Street Fighter, Star Trek, Walking Dead, and Munsters coaches. I got the Cap/Falcon and Annihilus/Torch for about $3 a piece. Sweet deal.

Lurch, if you don't need/want any of the Tomb Raider TRU exclusives, I would definitely help move them from your stores. smile.png

The packs rang up as normal price but the cashier put in the discount price. Someone just got crazy with the price tags.

Yeah, TRU has become a mystery to me... everything has changed. I've checked multiple stores in my area on a weekly basis and never seen a hint of wave 18 or the Tomb Raider sets. I assumed they would eventually show up but with Walking Dead wave 5 now hitting in multiple stores near me I'm not so sure. It seems TRU may have skipped western PA with both waves.

Sure I'd love to find them at sale price, but full price would have been fine too. Even if i miss them at the store, as long as I have a chance to buy them i'm good. Not having a chance and the situation seeming as if I never had a chance, leaves a bad taste in my mouth. If anyone knows of either wave showing in the Western Pa area I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

Also, what's up with all of the Minecraft merchandise at TRU lately, does that stuff sell? Not knocking it but I really don't understand the attraction, It looks like a bit-map nightmare to me. I can't see a parent buying their kid that pick axe they sell for like $20.