UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

ToysRUs Minimates -what happens now?

Really disappointed to see that they're limiting the amount of those Wolverine ninja guys to 3 per customer. I wanted 5 for an army but the thought of paying double shipping chaps my ass.

They're also selling them on eBay under user ID kbtoys (ironically), and there's a flat 2.99 shipping charge. There's still a 3 item limit, but at least the shipping is easier to swallow if you want more.

Marvel Minimates The Wolverine Black Suit Wolverine and Hand Ninja #zMC

Edited by MrClean

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is easier. Thanks!

Really disappointed to see that they're limiting the amount of those Wolverine ninja guys to 3 per customer. I wanted 5 for an army but the thought of paying double shipping chaps my ass.

They're also selling them on eBay under user ID kbtoys (ironically), and there's a flat 2.99 shipping charge. There's still a 3 item limit, but at least the shipping is easier to swallow if you want more.

Marvel Minimates The Wolverine Black Suit Wolverine and Hand Ninja #zMC

Much easier! Thanks!

Old news (December 2013), but this could very well be contributing to the current clearance sales.

"Net loss for the three months ended Nov. 2 totaled $605 million, from $105 million last year. Income tax expense rose by $379 million related to a change in valuation allowance for some assets."

Although in the same article, it mentions "Privately held Toys R Us is facing tough competition from online stores and discounters and has been working to improve its online offerings, offer more exclusive toys and offer a price-match guarantee."

http://www.nj.com/business/index.ssf/2013/12/toys_r_us_reports_3rd_quarter.html

Decided to try my local TRU out as they typically get their trucks on Thursdays.

They had one remaining Star Trek 2pack and that was only because it was ripped open so it was on clearance for only a $1.90. So I got it.

Then they had just gotten a new case of Marvel wave 16 which was on clearance for $4.98. I got one Capt. America/S. Witch and 2 of the Phoenix Pair.

Then they had gotten a case of Tomb Raider which were not on clearance, but I got the TRU exclusives that I saw (2 each of the Storm Guard set and the Scavenger Set). All that was left was about four of the Lara/Scout and four of the BD Lara/Armored Scavenger sets.

They still had 9 packs of the Daredevil/Kingpin set and 2 packs of the Gwen/Dr. Connors. And apparently they also just got another case of the SFvT as they now had three pegs completely full as well as a peg half full.

They also had 7 pack of mates from the Wolverine movie (thee of the prisoner, three of the suit and one of the Yukon). I did not get any more of these as I am not keen on having that many Wolverine mates to begin with.

They also still had a few of the Marvel TRU17 which were at the $4.98 price but it was only the Hawkeye/Black Widow or Spidey/Electro which I already have all I really want at this time.

I was really hoping to find Marvel TRU18 at clearance pricing but I guess I will not find that at my local TRU anytime soon.

I did use a 30% off coupon.

I may go back after work and get another Capt. America/S Witch if they still have one as well as a NOW Hulk/Iron Man. I may also get one of each remaining Tomb Raider packs merely to part out in my customizing.

Just thought I would share, and again my local TRU is in Bloomington/Normal, IL. (about two hours from Chicago and St. Louis)

They were completely out of Walking Dead minimates.

I got the Resistance pack and the MAX Divers for one cent each! Grabbed a bunch of other things for parts, needed to get my fix since I still haven't seen wave 18. Got a ton of Capcom Sentinels that I'm looking forward to painting. Spent under twenty bucks on eight two packs. Unfortunately, the stands were missing from all of my packs, grrrr.....

I think that was when the sale started, so I'd be curious to see what you found on your return. Everyone is reporting making movement.

Fixed that for you, Zach. :thumbsup:

I got the Resistance pack and the MAX Divers for one cent each! Grabbed a bunch of other things for parts, needed to get my fix since I still haven't seen wave 18. Got a ton of Capcom Sentinels that I'm looking forward to painting. Spent under twenty bucks on eight two packs. Unfortunately, the stands were missing from all of my packs, grrrr.....

I don't think we were including stands with every set back then. But for 1 cent...

I think that was when the sale started, so I'd be curious to see what you found on your return. Everyone is reporting making movement.

Fixed that for you, Zach. thumbsup.gif
Oh, I know people here have been buying them up, but I've also seen people reporting that inventory is going down independent of their own purchases (right)?

I love that this thread has transformed from a doomsday thread to a shopping thread.

Edited by DSTZach

I got a pretty good haul of recent Marvel and Walking Dead stuff. Like 15-16 two packs.

The Street Fighter Vs Tekken line is pretty crappy but for $2.78 it's not a bad purchase especially the ones with Ken & Guile.

I hope Toys R Us continues to carry them. I hate that comic shops might charge more for single Minimates like the Aliens series if they see the demand sky rockets. They're greedy so I know they would, especially in my area.

I wish the Lara Croft ones would go on sale. They have a lot of great looking figures in the set but I really would't pay retail for any of them.

Edited by cidman911

I cleared out some Minimates at my local TRU. The best deals were the Expendables 2 Box Set and the Rescue set. I scored both of those for around $0.90 total.

Still no sign of Tomb Raider or Series 18 though.

It looks like the Street Fighter vs. Tekken sets and the Star Treks are still having a hard time selling despite the new low prices.

Edited by MisterMiracle