UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Identify this toy thread

Shanester

I thought we could use a thread that was meant to offer help on identifying toys and toy parts. If you have something toy related and can't figure out its origins, post it here.

Hmmm, yeah, that could get ugly. I started the thread because I sometimes buy odd lots that usually contain Minimate parts, but then I have no idea what the rest is. I got these three parts and some other stuff in such a lot. I identified some of the other stuff as game pieces, strangely enough.

Looks like Cyborg Superman, from the pre DC Universe Classics line:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mattel-DC-Super-Heroes-Universe-Classics-CYBORG-SUPERMAN-Figure-Loose-/151209067237?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item2334c342e5

Looks like some kind of prototype.

Looks like Cyborg Superman, from the pre DC Universe Classics line:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mattel-DC-Super-Heroes-Universe-Classics-CYBORG-SUPERMAN-Figure-Loose-/151209067237?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item2334c342e5

Looks like some kind of prototype.

It's probably not a prototype, but a factory test piece. They usually use whatever cheap plastic they have at hand to test out the molds. People often mistake them for prototypes.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, Skid-Z, Sideburn and Prowl. Some of the most complex figures ever imported. And reissued. And reissued. And reissued...

They look to be in really great shape. There's guns for the other two as well. A blue missile and silver gun, and two pieces of a gun that fit in Skid-Z's legs.

• 5 months later...

Anyone know what this is? I have about two dozen of them. They are about the size of a nickel and say "Made in England by Britains LTD" and appear to be made of lead painted tan. I assume they are for the Britains lead soldiers.

2014-06-23183752_zpsef01d21e.jpg