UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Guardians of the Galaxy

Valo487

The point I was making is that Hasbro has improved A LOT, making characters we had to wait for years for, or are still waiting for from 'mates. And I love 'mates, but the character diversity has actually taken a step back to me, partially because of the increase in movie lines. We still get waves that are awesome like the Cap comic wave and the upcoming Wave 60, but there are still a lot of waves that have 4-5 redos, and while the Deadly Foes set was amazing in terms of quality and accessories, it was completely made up of characters that we already had.

I'm not trying to take a shot at DST at all, I'm just trying to point out that a lot of characters are viable enough for Hasbro to release at a higher price point, I hope we see them from DST as well.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I hear what you are saying Valo - DST has given us an awesome range of comic characters over the years, much more than any other line, but the character diversity really seems to have dried up in the last year or two. Much as I enjoy the movies they seem to be the primary cause of this and it would be nice to see that trend change again.

I think the movies have made a lot of Marvel characters more viable, who would have thought Loki would one day be just as popular as Thor? But the downside is that whereas before we had 5-10 characters that were seen as marketable, we now have 20, but those twenty are now always in the rotation because they keep alternating between them all.

I suppose I feel like that's where a Wave 54 or 60 comes in. Most waves are a blend of mainstays with a few outliers (TRU 19) but then, because of the caché the MCU provides, wave 54 or 60 becomes possible. IF we get a comic Guardians wave (and I feel like we will) you KNOW the movie will have been a significant factor.

I would hope so too, I especially feel like the Punisher has never really gotten the correct treatment, especially since most action movies now are practically the Punisher story without a guy wearing a skull shirt. I am a bit concerned that because he and Ghost Rider have both had multiple bites at the apple, Marvel may view them as tainted and be hesitant to try again. I feel like if anything we'll see Punisher on the Daredevil show.

an R rated punisher show on netflix with tom jane back would be awesome.

Think about it, they are doing the 4 series for netflix right now to help lead up to a defenders netflix movie. What if the did netflix shows for punisher, ghost rider, blade, moon night and had a marvel knights mini-movie. Something like that would be cool!

Actually He LOVES the source material. He only dropped out of warzone when it became apparent to him that the studio didnt give a shit about making a good movie and wanted to pull an X-3 on it. He came back for dirty laundry and Im certain Ive read multiple articles where he said he would come back again.