UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Guardians of the Galaxy

Valo487

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to have Star Lord sit on Gamora's lap to fit them. I'll see if there is anything I can do to mod the cockpit to fit them better at some point.

957d378d-9c65-4a18-9be3-1173790b7e36_zps

hey do you have a pic of that gamora? i just noticed how nice she looked

Thx, She's still a work in progress, I only have her face and torso decal done at the moment and I need to modify the torso decal a bit to give her a little more "curve" smile.png

d825a0db-7994-49a8-a1dc-f025510a15f9_zps

There's a thread on NeoGaf about Gamora being excluded from GotG merchandise, and the TRU wave was brought up as an example. I've been fighting the good fight...but I'm spent.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=871319

After spending some time there, and being personally attacked about how I raise my daughter, I would just like to reiterate that I love the MMMV. smile.png

The sad thing is that they did raise some good points before turning (needlessly) personal. Disney has not done a great job in making stuff for girls from the Marvel or Star Wars libraries. I've been trying to find Leia stuff for my daughter, and it's not easy. That said, Gamora is not really a good character on which to base this argument. She and Drax are clearly the secondary characters among the Guardians. Similarly, I don't see how the Black Widow is now suddenly some little girl role model. DC has done a great job in marketing their characters for girls, but Marvel just doesn't have any iconic female characters. Storm and the Invisible Woman are probably the closest, but that's as team members.

There's a thread on NeoGaf about Gamora being excluded from GotG merchandise...

even though that thread is full of garbage, they do make one good point:

Why are did we get another Sakaar Trooper instead of Gamora?

I assume it’s because Army Builder (although there are more Novas then Sakaars in the movie so it should have been the doubled up builder, but I’m already off topic) but if Gamora was the mate paired with Yondu it would have been all 5 Guardians at TRU.

Yeah, but then there would have been overlap in a bad way. To get Yondu you'd end up with an extra Gamora. This way you get every mate and the only overlap is an army builder. Unless you're saying she should have been at TRU but not at LCS, but then all of the original arguments would still apply. The only way to make everyone happy would have been for there to be four, not three, sets at TRU. But that's on TRU, not Marvel or Disney.

Edited by Turtle

I'm pretty happy with this wave. If i had to form any criticism, it'd be that i'd rather have seen the Nove Corpsman as the double up army builder (i just like the design better, but i know the others probably got more screen time) and that it'd be nice if Nebula & Gamora had angrier faces.

Still - great wave & i can't wait to get my hands on it :)

Turtle, on 11 Aug 2014 - 17:56, said:

Yeah, but then there would have been overlap in a bad way. To get Yondu you'd end up with an extra Gamora. This way you get every mate and the only overlap is an army builder. Unless you're saying she should have been at TRU but not at LCS, but then all of the original arguments would still apply. The only way to make everyone happy would have been for there to be four, not three, sets at TRU. But that's on TRU, not Marvel or Disney.

Would it be overlap in a *bad* way?

If Gamora comes with an army builder or Yondu at BOTH locations you might end up with two Gamoras but you’d also have a chance to get all 5 Guardians if you only shop at TRU or a LCS (remember TRU is supposed to be a bigger market exposing new customers to minimates)

She could have even had a minor change like Electro (a different face or been in her red outfit?) to make it an easier double to take for people who shop at BOTH stores, but she makes more sense to double up then an army builder that didn’t do anything. (of course, perfect world, Nova corp would have been the double since there’s at least two of them with names who do things)

Not sure if it was mentioned anywhere, but is Nebula coming with any weapons or anything? Or is the only weapon in the set the Sakaaran Trooper's gun?

Sadly she was not holding anything at C2E2.

IMG_1604_zps529fe9ca.jpg
Secret Variant! Final Battle Star-Lord.
I like the long coat look the best. But it's cool that all the parts are available to make the different costume variations from the film.
I used someones hair piece not sure who, maybe Cyclops.

Edited by havok