UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Guardians of the Galaxy

Valo487

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to buy two of the sets the other night at my local TRU, but there were 5+ people on line at the only open register, so I left without buying them.

After seeing the movie last night, I will be going back for them.

The movie was really enjoyable, a lot of fun, with some surprising moments from Dave Bautista and two completely CGI'ed characters - I forgot they were CGI'ed, it was done so well.

We always say this...but this movie is crying out for an NYCC exclusive box set of the main guys in their red uniforms.

Same sculpts for Rocket, Gamora and Drax just with different pain scheme. A new jacket piece for Star Lord (unless anyone can suggest a suitable redo) and new facial expressions all round.

I want the missing characters, but would love a 4 pack (with Rocket) in the Ravager suits.

Groot with angry face, and reuse the upcoming Carnage tendrils and spears in brown! Maybe a translucent yellow left hand?

Give Drax some knife holders.

The jacket I am using for Star-Lord is this one, painted red:

fig0714flg.jpg

New boxset, no new tooling!

I saw the movie last night and I loved it! I will probably see it again tonight with my sister but I don't think it lived up to the standards of Winter Soldier. All in all it was a great movie with good characters a nice plot and wonderful execution. I do think a little more character development could've taken place of a few scenes but it was fine how it is.

I was surprised with the role Korath played in the movie. I thought he would just capture Star-Lord in the beginning, but he did much more than that as one of Ronan's lackeys. I also think that a fourth TRU pack with Korath and the Collector would've benefitted everyone.

One more thing, where was the orb? I thought for sure t he Star-Lord/ Ronan would have it. Even as just a molded hand piece like the tesseract with Robo-Skull.

im sure they're waiting for thanos and collector for they will have bigger roles in future movies. i believe zach even said that a while back.

regardless the movie was great and looking forward to all the minis for it.

We always say this...but this movie is crying out for an NYCC exclusive box set of the main guys in their red uniforms.

Same sculpts for Rocket, Gamora and Drax just with different pain scheme. A new jacket piece for Star Lord (unless anyone can suggest a suitable redo) and new facial expressions all round.

HOLY FUCK what a great idea. & its super cheap and fast for them to do. everyone send this to ask chuck hah

I'm all for a supplemental box set or wave for this movie, I was thinking that while watching it.

I'm going to say something that may be controversial, but I really don't care. I think James Gunn just made a better Star Wars movie than George Lucas could make.

Definitely better than Lucas could make now but I'm not sure I'd go as far as saying GotG is better than Star Wars. It's kind of a tough call when one movie obviously owes a lot to the other.

If anyone is interested in modding Ronan's Universal Weapon the handle diameter is 1/8 inch. With a sharp knife and a drill it's a pretty easy job, you don't even need glue to hold the handle though a little silver paint to touch things up would be worthwhile.

That's awesome BrobotC!

I'm not sure what it is, but I don't like the face on the Star Lord mini. Mine will be masked! The black wash some have applied also looks great.

I like the face on the package but it doesn't look quite the same on the mate. I think it's because the brown facial hair is more orange on the mate and the mark on the middle of his lip is very noticeable in compared to the package art:

3a42c159-a3da-4c06-b97f-d61f236f0be5_zps

Also, here is my Rocket modded with 3 POA :)

977e78e1-94a6-4dda-baca-67f18cbf9984_zps

Just got home from Rocket Raccoon and those other guys Guardians of the Galaxy, and yeah, it's great. Lots of fun. It is weird that ALL the Star Lord toys have him in the long jacket that he wore for all of one sequence. It would have been nice if the Minimate had included an alternate jacket... but oh well. I'm on board for more 'mates, but.... oh, you know what I'm gonna say. other_beatingA_DeadHorse.gif

Oh....Yeah!

e15eabc2-ca9e-4aeb-a78c-2cf9f46572d3_zps

I lopped off both arms where they met the torso and drilled out holes and glued pins in the arms and tension fit them to the torso. I did the same for his head. I also cut off a hand from a second and glued it to his right arm. I glued the hand with the gun onto the other one so he is permanently wielding two guns :)

Edited by Zylek