UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Guardians of the Galaxy

Valo487

I'm really disappointed in how these look. In hand the rocket is way smaller. I take back everything I said abt liking the unarticulated miniature. Groot and drax are amazing. Both have extremely crisp paint apps. The starlord and Ronan figures are lacking a bit. The stubble on starlord's face is way too light, it makes him look like he tried to rub on some cheap tanning cream. As for Ronan, the sculpting of the head piece is strange and minimizes articulation, but I guess that boils down to a difficult movie design to replicate.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got mine today too, from TRU, no Yondu exclusive though.

I like them, but I was in the camp that didn't have high expectations for Rocket.

New sculpts are very nice, Groot is the stand out so far.

Star-lord's guns and Drax's blades tend to fall out of their hands easily, so be careful.

Drax's chestpiece doesn't seem as bulky in hand.

Pix to come later.

Thanks Josh! The quality is a little crappy because I was taking them at work using my personal phone's camera and my work phone's flashlight app for lighting! :)

Nessex, there are actually 2 pegs to connect him for 2 slightly different heights. :thumbsup:

I dreamt last night that I found a fourth TRU pack with regular sized Rocket and the Collector... :(

Edited by youbastards

Thanks Josh! The quality is a little crappy because I was taking them at work using my personal phone's camera and my work phone's flashlight app for lighting! smile.png

Nessex, there are actually 2 pegs to connect him for 2 slightly different heights. thumbsup.gif

I dreamt last night that I found a fourth TRU pack with regular sized Rocket and the Collector... sad.png

Don't you hate when that happens? Such a mindfuck.

They're here! Found a case in NJ today on the way home from work. 4 of each set per case.

Yondu is very nice and definitely worth picking up. Sakaar Trooper is ok. Very nice tampo work but it still seems plain.

The only thing that bothers me is the really muted and dull colors used for Rocket, Groot, Starlord's jacket and mask. Not sure of the initial reference pictures had these colors or if things didn't turn out right. I'm going to have to do some repainting.

SDC11878_zps2b94fefe.jpg

SDC11879_zps4c7fde80.jpg

SDC11880_zpscb2a37b0.jpg

SDC11881_zps9c938478.jpg

SDC11882_zps4e813e72.jpg

SDC11883_zps63fb9c25.jpg