UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Guardians of the Galaxy

Valo487

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked 'em up today and I love 'em. I had to go to 3 different locations before I found Groot/Rocket in stock... not sure if it is collectors wanting to experiment on Rocket or just people in general loving the character but that pack sold out quickly in the Salt Lake City area.

Loved the movie as well.. saw it Saturday in DBox 3D and it was a ton of fun. Planning on seeing it again in IMAX. Looking forward to tracking down Gamora and Nebula from the comic shops once available. Thanks for a great movie wave DST!

I found these this weekend and grabbed two Yondu sets. I ended up going back today to grab the other two sets. I've got the wave on order with Luke's, but I couldn't wait. I figure I can use the other guys to make QC's of the red costume looks. I'm going to need to grab a couple more Yondu sets for that. On seeing pics of Rocket, I was a bit disappointed, but seeing him in person... he's tiny. I'm going to try to add simple swivel articulation to the head, shoulders, and legs and maybe try to get rid of the gun. Overall, this is a really cool looking wave.

^ That's what I did to my Rocket

977e78e1-94a6-4dda-baca-67f18cbf9984_zps

e15eabc2-ca9e-4aeb-a78c-2cf9f46572d3_zps

Here is the requested Milano pic:

I had to have Star Lord sit on Gamora's lap to fit them. I'll see if there is anything I can do to mod the cockpit to fit them better at some point.

957d378d-9c65-4a18-9be3-1173790b7e36_zps

Edited by Zylek

I didn't do anything to his legs. I clipped a small nail into smaller sections, then I used a drill bit that was a tad smaller than the nail to drill the holes in the arms, head and torso. Since the bit was smaller there is enough tension to keep them in place. I also glued one of the ends of the nail into the arms and head so that the sections that fit into the torso are the only ones that swivel.

Edited by Zylek

I didn't do anything to his legs. I clipped a small nail into smaller sections, then I used a drill bit that was a tad smaller than the nail to drill the holes in the arms, head and torso. Since the bit was smaller there is enough tension to keep them in place. I also glued one of the ends of the nail into the arms and head so that the sections that fit into the torso are the only ones that swivel.

would you share pics & the size of the nails you used?

I've been to 3 TRU's during my vacation in Florida and the sets have been somewhat hard to find. In West Palm Beach I found nothing (albeit it was July 25th). I visited the Millennium mall Plaza location twice; the first day they said the sets were coming in very soon so I revisited early in the morning 2 days later and all they had was one Star Lord pack which I picked up. I was really surprised the case was gone in a day (made sure by asking a worker to check). I just came back from the Florida mall location and they had 2 or 3 starlord and 2 or 3 Yondu packs. While glad to find the yondu pack, I was genuinely surprised that there was no Groot and drax packs. Glad to see that these are selling like hot cakes though!

I visited the Millennium mall Plaza location twice; the first day they said the sets were coming in very soon so I revisited early in the morning 2 days later and all they had was one Star Lord pack which I picked up. I was really surprised the case was gone in a day (made sure by asking a worker to check).

Sorry about that. I cleaned out the Millennium Plaza location on Thursday because I was afraid my TRU wasn't going to get them, because they never got the ASM2 mates. My TRU actually got them so if you're headed home on I75 stop at exit 18 in Ga.