UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Guardians of the Galaxy

Valo487

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really loving these more than almost any other Movie wave we've seen.

I'm actually especially happy to see Nebula. I think she's one of the stand-outs of the wave and shows how much can be done with a 'vanilla' mate.

Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere, but I know Yondu is meant to be getting a minimate at TRU. Will we be seeing a Collector as well?

Sweet. More Army building! biggrin.png

So, will this TRU wave be like the old ones where we'd see 1 or 2 movie packs mixed in with some comic packs?

Edited by Nessex

Rocket looks ok for an accessory pack-in... I know at that size articulation wasn't going to happen but I'd have liked the gun to be removable or for there to be another pack-in without it.

Looks like I'm going to have to get my proper rocket fix from another toyline, What cool versions of Rocket that are being made by other companies?

T.

p.s. Sending me that prototype might help ease my rocket related pain Zach... timbo.gif

So, will this TRU wave be like the old ones where we'd see 1 or 2 movie packs mixed in with some comic packs?

Have we done that? Honestly, that doesn't sound familiar. No comic GotG product is being allowed, as far as I know. Not while the movie stuff is happening. I don't think even Hasbro has any, aside from Iron Man and Nova.

TRU will get Starlord/Ronan and Drax/Groot/Rocket, plus their exclusive Yondu/Sakaaran. That's it.

Sorry everyone is so upset about Rocket, there will be plenty of product from other companies for those who just need the biggest raccoon they can find. You may also want to consult your local taxidermist.

Sorry Zach - i think i have been unclear.

Wave 1 and 2 at TRU each fetured 2-packs that were movie tie-ins, but the rest of the wave were regular comic book universe figures. Those 616 figures did NOT tie-in to the films being promoted.

eg: TRU1 had an Iron Man movie pack, and a Hulk movie pack, then the rest of the packs were 616 Spider-Man characters.

So, i was figuring that Yondu & Sakaaran would come in a TRU wave where they were the only movie figs, but the rest would be 616 X-Men/Hulk/etc... packs.

Thanks for clearing up how the shared packs will work. Will there be a 4th pack in the TRU wave? or will they only be taking a case with 3 2-packs?

Edited by Nessex

I'm embarrassed I've never learned the line-up for TRU Series 1 and 2 (I came on board with 11), but that's pretty cool, the mix of packaging. Obviously we haven't done that in a while, not sure why the change, but we're definitely not doing that with this batch. And sorry if I misspoke about Yondu. There will be three two-packs, no fourth one, just like ASM2. I do not know the breakdown.

Edited by DSTZach

eg: TRU1 had an Iron Man movie pack, and a Hulk movie pack, then the rest of the packs were 616 Spider-Man characters.

Ironically the Hulk/Abom set was a 'TRU exclusive' which was arguably correct in that the pairing was unique & the fact that each of the characters were slightly different to their LCS versions ..........otherwise they were far from exclusive .

The IM pack was just sheer perfection.....still unrivalled.

I'll always remember the 'mates & the movie for having the wrong-colour Hulk ......'wrong' in my book anyways.

Sorry everyone is so upset about Rocket, there will be plenty of product from other companies for those who just need the biggest raccoon they can find. You may also want to consult your local taxidermist.

I may be in the minority, but I'm glad he's this size as opposed to Puck sized. Would it be nice if he was articulated? Sure, but I'd rather have him be the proper size if I can only have one or the other.

I'd have been happy with shoulder, head, and hip articulation on Rocket but I'm okay with him as is, too. I do wish the sculpt had featured him holding the gun with both hands but I supposed thi pose allows more ambitious customizers the opportunity to try a more posable figure.

If a comic wave comes and Rocket is a statue, I will not be buying it. If Puck, who is shorter than Rocket according to Marvel gets a full size figure, I want a full size Rocket. We have Sentinels and Galactus out of proportion, but people are ok with that. Now, all of a sudden, we need proportion with our Minimates. Bollocks.

I think these are some of the best movie-Mates I've ever seen. They don't look nearly as hum-drum as movie-Mates typically do. I don't think I'll be picking this up (and Raccoon plays some role in that I think), but hats' off to DST for this one.

If Puck, who is shorter than Rocket according to Marvel gets a full size figure, I want a full size Rocket. We have Sentinels and Galactus out of proportion, but people are ok with that. Now, all of a sudden, we need proportion with our Minimates. Bollocks.

I...who am prone to bellyaching....would have said exactly the same in the exact same words . I choose not to but I totally agree . Edited by buttheadsmate

I'd have been happy with shoulder, head, and hip articulation on Rocket but I'm okay with him as is, too. I do wish the sculpt had featured him holding the gun with both hands but I supposed thi pose allows more ambitious customizers the opportunity to try a more posable figure.

My thoughts exactly. Although I do hope in the future we get a comic version of Rocket as a regular sized mate, if for no other reason to satisfy everyone that is disappointed with this offering.

We can't make in-scale Sentinels or Galacti. We CAN make in-scale raccoon people. And this would not be the first time an official Marvel height was questioned by someone.

Galactus and Sentinel are not "in scale" but their body proportions are correct. They're humanoid figures. Rocket's proportions were done the right way here. He would look like a kid in a Halloween mask on a regular body.

We can't make in-scale Sentinels or Galacti. We CAN make in-scale raccoon people. And this would not be the first time an official Marvel height was questioned by someone.

That Wolverine debate was ridiculous. I don't mind Racoon being a lifeless husk, but I think the 2" rule is a good one.

i love dry humor, i only laugh after the well is long dry & im the only one left hah

Not sure if needs a “Windmills Do Not Work That Way!” gif since that’s not what ‘dry humor’ means, or if needs “Sad Trumpet” wav file since joke about double meaning of dry feel very flat (and either way, if the joke needs to be explained it wasn’t funny.)

On topic:

I like tiny Rocket, He’s super tiny in the trailers, I agree we need a full size comic Rocket, but movie Rocket is perfect at this size.

Here are some better things to complain about in for this pretty great overall wave:

-the weird torso on Drax. Zangief and Murdok looked REALLY weird with it, it’s almost Mega Raged size but being paired with tiny limbs, also it’s very boxy were at least the acutal megarage torso has curved surfaces... Maybe it’ll work on Drax since he’s at least human sized unlike the SFxT guys who were supposed to be GIANT meat piles. (but I could rant about the scale issues of SFxT for DAYS, so let’s just drop this...)

-there’s no John C. Riley head under the Nova helmet... now who’s gonna back up Marshall Willenholly on drums?!

-We’re getting two of the sand looking guys. I’d rather get two of the Nova Corp. even if it’s not Dr. Steven Brule Wreck-It Ralph under the helmet.

-Starlord doesn’t really look like Chris Pratt (although I bet that changes when we see a closer to production version rather than a photoshopped prototype) how’s he gonna sit on the double couch with Emmet and be buddies if he doesn’t look like Chris Pratt?! No one will get it! (and again if you have to explain a joke it’s not funny!)