UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Guardians of the Galaxy

Valo487

I have seen pics of both the GOTG and XM DOFP over at ASMzine.com. Before y'all jump on over there to check them out, know that ALL THE PICS HAVE BEEN PULLED. Here's a brief description of what I saw.

Drax: has a big chest block cover and big boot feet (similar to Ult Thor's). No knife accessories were displayed.

Rocket Raccoon: was posed next to the Drax mate. His shoulders appear to be ball jointed, but that may not be the case given his size. He had a gun in hand but I could not tell if it was a separate piece or molded to his paw.

Gamorra: was posed next to them. No weapon accessories present. She was sporting redish green hair with red end highlights, but that could have just been on the prototype and probably won't end up on the final product. Who knows.

Nebula: looks to be a vanilla mate with lots of tampo detail. No weapon accessory shown.

Ronan: is my favorite of the bunch. Presented in dark colors with his trademark hood and cool shoulder accessories as well as a textured skirt piece. No hammer accessory presented.

Sakarin soldier?: is my guess. Was standing next to Ronan. Brownish in color with lots of speckled detail. Sports a helmet that looks like it's made out of poop. Sorry, but that's what it look like. No armor add ons. Just detailed tampos. No weapons displayed.

Groot: has character specific sculpted head, feet and hands as well as a skirt piece that is suppose to represent bark (I guess). Lots of bark tampo detail across his arms, legs and chest.

Starlord: was displayed with his long coat and only one of his trademark sidearms. No mask was displayed only the Peter Quill hairpiece and grining 5 o'clock shadow face. He appears to have shin guard feet and a forearm protector. The coat will limit poseability of his legs and the mate will be unable to sit wearing it.

And lastly...

A Nova Corps Centurion army bulider: was the last mate on display. Vanilla mate body with oodles of costume tampo detail. He has a slip over helmet that is pretty spot on to the movie version. No other accessories were displayed.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right, it's not "for us" but at the same time, the reason we haven't gotten any news recently is because they save it for Toy Fair, so even if it's not a fan event, the companies who show product there are very aware that fans are watching just as closely, and several of them release official shots the same day, so it's definitely used as a tool for companies to show product to fans, if not in the actual room.

I think the reason it irritated me this year is because GotG and X-Men hit theaters in just a few months, and the licensor still hasn't signed off on the 'mates? It's not DST's fault, but it's kind of a lackluster reveal.

"We have 'mates for Guardians and X-Men!"

"Can we see them?"

"....no."

I have no idea what the deal is with Aliens, the franchise is decades old and it seems to take the parent company ages to sign off on anything.

Sounds good to me, no arguments here, all valid points.

Get off my lawn you kids! wink.png

Yeah, I remember those days well, Nervous. Man, going to the store and seeing a new package design for Joes and knowing it meant like 15 new guys to find! Then taking the cardback to school to drool over all of the new figures with your friends.

you nailed it dude! we would talk for hours about who was the coolest, and rate them from best to worst, and speculate on the

Silhouettes. I truly miss those days.

overall, I think we have become spoiled with all the info we get, and how fast and far out we get it... Not sure which way I prefer it, knowing and waiting, or not knowing and being surprised.

Thank you for doing this so that i didn't have to pull out my 'Australia Card' and make the correction myself tongue.png

Again - thank you smile.png

Haha, I was obsessed with Australian animals in grade school. I still think they're rad.

You should be scared. They get pretty nasty....

I've heard they're vicious. laugh.png

I learned they weren't bears a long time ago, too. I just thought it was funnier to call them by what I called them when I was 8. Sorry if I offended you.

Psh, not at all.

To be fair, Peter Dinklage is much bigger than a raccoon.

laugh.png

Trailers gonna debut tonight on Jimmy Kimmel Live........ we don't get him the UK sad.png

I just plain don't want to stay up that late tonight. I'd be very surprised if it isn't online tomorrow.

I just skimmed the last few pages.

Raccoons aren't bears?

lolol.gif Edited by TENIME_art

Having just marathoned this thread's last 5 or 6 pages, I think DST made a great decision with Rocket Racoon.

I understand the argument about making him a posable Minimate, but, really, to be accurate proportionate he would have to be more like Daxter (or is it Jax?), with the elongated body. Would it have been better have had the large mate, as well as the mini-accessory version? Possibly, but given the 5 member nature of this team, I don't think so.

By making RR this way, DST is able to put the entire 5 member team at both LCS and TRU stores. Villains and army builders can be unique to the different venues. If RR were full size, we would only have 4 members repeated, meaning one would be exclusive to either TRU or LCS stores or, possibly worse, one would be duplicated with an alternate pack mate.

I cannot wait for these mates and this movie!

Them's my thoughts and I'm sticking to them.

so since the whole trailer is based around the height line up, I’m VERY happy with the statue Rocket.

Starlord, Gamara, and Space-Kratos* are all roughly the same height, if Groot has a rise, some large feet, and a long head (that’s what she said) he’ll be a fine height, so Rocket HAS to be smaller.

He would look weird if he was bigger, although I do hope the gun is removable.

(*yes, I know, Drax the Destroyer, but he went on a rampage after his wife died, he’s covered in red tattoos, and sporting a twin pair of crazy knives? plus this redesign debuted AFTER Kratos was a thing... he’s Space-Kratos, and that’s awesome.)

I think this movie will make Rocket the new Deadpool and we will soon be complaining about having too many Rockets -- big ones, little ones, dressed-up-like-Thor ones...

LMAO.

We can never get enough Deadpool, dammit.

The trailer is hysterical and engaging. I can't wait! Mate-wise, I'm most interested in Nebula. I first "met" her in War of the Gems on Super Nintendo where she was the pre-final boss battle. That she is played by Amy Pond is just gravy

Re: koala bears - is not like calling a whale a fish. I'm not saying "that koala is a bear" I'm saying "look at that koala bear" like, as someone said, you would refer to a red panda, which isn't a panda, it's just part of its name

Re: Peter Dinklage - I think it would be rude to make a statue mate of an actual actor. CGI Rocket can't be offended.