UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Guardians of the Galaxy

Valo487

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The argument is that his stature makes him a pet. I've never seen Guatdian take Puck out to do his business but I wouldn't call him his "pet."

I dont believe I ever said that him being a pet was due to his stature, I certainly wouldn't call Stature anyones Pet based on her stature.

post-189-0-46372900-1392610314_thumb.png

Edited by Mattallica

Rocket Raccoon small scale doesn't bother me much, but I do wish we would have gotten an articulated figure. I can always just make a custom Rocket later, I suppose.

I wonder if he'll be able to hold a gun even though he's not articulated.

Given Minimates treatment to the smaller figs, I don't think it's gonna happen.

sdcctcats.jpg

tcats_sdcc_minimates_front.jpg

I guess this was foreshadowing....

From Ask DST #186
Q: "If you guys get around to doing the Guardians of the Galaxy, would Rocket Raccoon be made kind of like the small characters (ex: Snarf) in the Thundercats line or be a full fledged minimate figure?"
A: "Good question, I don’t think we’ve ever discussed how he would be done BUT something similar to Snarf might be the way to go."

The argument is that his stature makes him a pet. I've never seen Guatdian take Puck out to do his business but I wouldn't call him his "pet."

Maybe that's why Puck got a fullsize minimate despite his smaller size.

"Lock Jaw and the pet avengers" also implies that Lockheed is a pet, Not sure If I want to argue with Marvel but go ahead wink.png

T.

Rocket is six inches taller than Puck too. My point is that minimates isn't about scale its more about perception. I just don't see how Rocket would work as a larger figure with what's come before. If he has articulated arms or something that would be sweet but he shouldn't be the same body as Cyclops, Deadpool, Iron Man etc

Rocket is six inches taller than Puck too. My point is that minimates isn't about scale its more about perception. I just don't see how Rocket would work as a larger figure with what's come before. If he has articulated arms or something that would be sweet but he shouldn't be the same body as Cyclops, Deadpool, Iron Man etc

By your logic The movie Loki shouldn't have the same base body as hulk but he did...The default rule with marvel has always been 2" body for all main characters.

The whole conversation is moot now anyway as DST has said we're not getting a Rocket Racoon minimate, just an accessory.

I do wonder how they are going to pack him in though, because it's going to make for interesting distribution where in one pack you're getting 3 characters?

T.

By your logic The movie Loki shouldn't have the same base body as hulk but he did...The default rule with marvel has always been 2" body for all main characters.

The whole conversation is moot now anyway as DST has said we're not getting a Rocket Racoon minimate, just an accessory.

I do wonder how they are going to pack him in though, because it's going to make for interesting distribution where in one pack you're getting 3 characters?

T.

For all main characters that the scale makes sense for. Main being a subjective term. Could Puck have been made smaller? Probably. But he's a human and rocket isn't. Again it's perception, not exact scale. Edited by bigvis497

bottom line, id rather have an accurately scaled Rocket Raccoon (regardless of past precedent) and more of the films characters than him take a slot and be weirdly out of scale

hey Zach do you think its possible we can position him on Groots shoulder?

and secondly, any news on getting a Korath/Yondu/Collector or is the current line up all we're getting?

So the "gem" is a Palantír?

well, we DO know they aren't all accounted for...who knows who could be watching...

bottom line, id rather have an accurately scaled Rocket Raccoon (regardless of past precedent) and more of the films characters than him take a slot and be weirdly out of scale

and secondly, any news on getting a Korath/Yondu/Collector

That's the rub. Despite Rocket not taking up a slot, undoubtedly there will be several other important characters left out of the assortments due to space, lack of design material e t c...

There will be a Yondu. Not sure about Collector.

Sorry people don't like that there isn't a full-size RR. Chuck told you it was unlikely, and the positive response to the Thunder Cats pack-in figures pretty much guaranteed it.

I don't know where that fact about Puck being shorter is from - official bios are helpful, but I'm sure both characters have been drawn at various heights, and I doubt they've ever been shown together. Maybe were being species-ist to make animals mini-figs and humans Minimates, but maybe when a raccoon is put in charge things will be different.

RR will hold a gun.

As far as Tinkerbell goes, she has the benefit of being in Minimates scale and also human scale. Kinda like Cortana from Halo. Tinkerbell also has her own animated series, clothing line and licensing empire.

All I am going to say is that I don't see why this scale logic is suddenly being applied, and only selectively, and only to smaller characters. I hope that all of you that are thrilled that Rocket is in scale will be throwing away your Groots, because he'll be much too short. confused.gif

Ultimately I'm just going to make a RR with a customised smaller minimate body so I good.

Are you asking me if you've read all his comic appearances?

Anyway.......so just because they've never shown it you assume it didn't happen? I'm pretty sure Aunt May had to take a crap once or twice, but I never saw that in any comic.

I dont know, those wheatcakes are pretty constipating.